Is there an age limit for Tourist Visas? | ExpatWoman.com

Is there an age limit for Tourist Visas?

Latest post on 03 March 2015 - 12:24

Hello Ladies

I am wondering whether anyone has come across this issue before. I am trying to bring my dad over for a visit, however, I cannot sponsor him as yet as I don't have my RP etc so I thought the best thing to do would be to bring him here on a tourist visa through a hotel. The only problem is that I have heard there is an age limit for tourist visas. He is 78 and on a SA passport so needs to have a visa before arrival. I am not sure if that only applies to visit visas. Has anyone experienced this before? I really hope that this is not the case since he is so excited to come and visit!!! :cry:

many thanks
Roozie37
<em>edited by Roozie37 on 03/03/2015</em>

Latest post on 14 March 2015 - 13:38
Thanks ladies, it turns out we found a hotel that was willing to do it for us and there was no problem getting it. It seems its hit and miss based on people's experience. Now all I need to do is figure out how to entertain him for two weeks. :biggrin:
Latest post on 11 March 2015 - 10:21
I did not comment here earlier as your main question was about age limit for tourist visas. We had a problem in getting a visit visa for my father in law (he was 70 at the time). But after several attempts we were able to call him here. I think as the other poster suggested, immigration would be able to clarify best for you.
Latest post on 11 March 2015 - 08:33
As Australians we are entitled to visa on arrival. We have had My FIL visit several times over the last few years without any hassles at all. He's 86 now! We always make sure he's insured, but immigration doesn't know that when they stamp him in. I'd say the age is probably not an issue - although I know you have more hurdles with the SA passport. Surely you can ask at immigration? Good luck.
Latest post on 11 March 2015 - 08:25
Hi Roozie37, If you have a good PRO at your company (or husband's company) you could ask him for advice/help with this. A few years ago I worked with an SA lady who needed a visa for her mum to visit and the PRO arranged this for her. Some PRO's won't but it's worth asking. Hope this helps!
Latest post on 09 March 2015 - 12:00
Thanks for your response Babysoosoo. SA Passport stands for South African Passport. I have heard so much conflicting information it is really quite scary as there is just no place to get a straight answer. I tried one hotel close to me who said as long as its a minimum of one night and the person is under 50 then they would do it for me. Not very helpful so I have tried another hotel and hoping they can get it approved. :thinking:
Latest post on 04 March 2015 - 10:33
Hi Roozie, I am not sure what SA means.. my mom is 76, and I was able to get her on a visit visa by asking nicely the person incharge :)... she is Jordanian... however, during the process, I did go to a hotel just to enquire, and appareatnlty its doable through a hotel.. no age limit ( from what I understood) but they require u to book with them for 2 or 3 nights cant recall.. we went to a random hotel in Souq waqef to enquire..