Domestic Help contract - is there a law? | ExpatWoman.com

Domestic Help contract - is there a law?

Latest post on 03 March 2015 - 13:00

Hi Ladies
I am in the process of sponsoring a Filipina maid (live out) to look after my baby and help around the house.
With regard to a contract I'm a little confused, is there one that has to be used as per the ministry or can you type up and edit one to suit your requirements where you would both then sign? - would you ever have a case where if there was a disagreement that it would transpire the contract is invalid as it doesn't comply with regulations? I'm just asking as I'd like to have it fair for both us and the maid, we intend to be very fair with her in the hope she will be happy to stay and work for us. If anyone has a link to a template that would be great x

Many thanks

Latest post on 04 March 2015 - 10:37
No problem. I wondered the same thing when I first sponsored a maid. Glad to help :)
Latest post on 03 March 2015 - 17:40
Thank you, I'll use the one they provide on processing, that's great - I thought we had to do up our own one, didn't know one was given with the visa, thanks
Latest post on 03 March 2015 - 13:36
Hi Daquiri, yes there is a standard contract that the DNRD (immigration department) use when processing visas for maids/nannies. It includes basic rights and responsibilities of BOTH parties. I do not think any other contract is enforceable and/or would be accepted by DNRD. There isn't a copy available to download that I know of, but I can answer questions about what is says if you have any. Hope that helps.

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY