Plus size gown | ExpatWoman.com

Plus size gown

Latest post on 03 March 2015 - 14:54

Its my son's 1st birthday and am looking forward to wear a gown. Since i have not been able to shed all the weight during pregnancy i am finding it hard to get any plus size gowns. Please pleass suggest something..
Thankyou all in advance:(

Latest post on 07 March 2015 - 12:29
Thanks a lot all of you for the suggestions.. Well the problem with getting stitched is that i dont have a lot if time and secondly until unless i havent tried a design i will not know if it would suit me or not, so thats why i would prefer to get a ready made one(that if i get one though.. ) I will surely try Al Bustan today.. Keeping my fingers crossed.. I had also googled and at some places it was mentioned to check out ulla popkens, so wen to dubai mall yesterday and unfortunately its been closed down... Luck just doesnt seem to favour me...:-( Mrs.b would you have any particular shop in mind maybe not the name jjst the location so that i can save my time wandering...
Anonymous (not verified)
Latest post on 06 March 2015 - 15:05
Depending upon how formal and glitzy you want, try any of the dress shops that cater for Arab weddings. They usually have a terrific range of dresses and styles in all sizes, including very large sizes and they are not as expensive as they look.
Latest post on 05 March 2015 - 15:57
Go and get it made in Satwa, you can also chose your own fabric, which is nice. Al Bustan also has nice gowns and they will also adjust it to fit you perfectly.
Latest post on 04 March 2015 - 14:17
Al Bustan Centre near Al Mulla Plaza has great gown in ALL sizes.
Latest post on 04 March 2015 - 01:05
Consider googling a style you like, printing it out and getting a dress custom made in Satwa or Sharjah.
Latest post on 04 March 2015 - 00:46
Thankyou so much horizonmum2, but am actually looking for a new one. I have been to debenhams in dubai mall but wasnt to sure if I would get the size am looking for. Will do a thorough visit to monsoon and debenham this weekenxd.
Latest post on 03 March 2015 - 16:04
hi St2703... what size are you? i have a couple of gowns (each worn just once for a special occassion) in an assortment of sizes - 20, 18, etc. happy to let you buy them off me if you are okay with having a pre-loved item... but if you are looking for a brand new one look at Monsoon or Debenhams... both these places do lovely gowns that go upto size 22 -24

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY