Lowest cost prescription glasses? | ExpatWoman.com

Lowest cost prescription glasses?

Latest post on 03 March 2015 - 22:46

Could anyone advise on a reasonably priced optician for prescription glasses?
TIA

Latest post on 04 March 2015 - 10:18
The glasses stores have sales ALL the time, even negotiate, they are always happy to make a deal for the frame to seal the deal!
Latest post on 04 March 2015 - 10:12
If you are an adult and know your perscription ( you can get one from Moorfields eye hospital Dubai) then you can order online from abroad, we buy all our glasses from the UK for a much better price they are delivered very quickly. We have used eyewearbrands.com with good results.
Latest post on 04 March 2015 - 08:26
If you have health insurance it often covers some of the cost. I found out about it after my policy expired.
Latest post on 04 March 2015 - 07:14
If you just need new lenses, I went to Yateem for a new prescription very recently, and it cost 250dhs for the testing and lenses (really just the lenses though, the testing was free of charge). Got my glasses returned to me within 48 hours. I'm not sure how that stacks up against other opticians (I went there because of convenience) but at least you can call some other opticians and see how the price compares. I'm not sure where to suggest for frames, sorry. I knew exactly which frames I wanted and didn't really browse around.

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY