Golden mile - Ejari | ExpatWoman.com

Golden mile - Ejari

Latest post on 04 March 2015 - 08:15

Has anyone living in the Golden Mile (7, 8,9, or 10) managed to successfully register for Ejari.

We need it to process a residence visa.

The plot or land number does not seem to be registered with Dubai land for Golden mile. Therefore Can't register for Ejari.

This is a big hassle. We have been struggling with this hitch for some time now trying to process a residence visa, which is dependent on the registration of our tenancy contract with Ejari.

Any help is appreciated.

Latest post on 10 March 2015 - 21:21
Hi. Has anyone in Golden Mile building 7-10 registered for Ejari recently? How did you get on Ebright80? We are looking at an apartment in one of those buildings but need Ejari for my husband to sponsor me.
Latest post on 08 March 2015 - 13:37
Yes, I got the email this morning to say it had been registered. I used this company: http://www.ejari.me/ They refund you if it doesnt go through. It was painless and really quick. All I provided was the affection plan as our landlord doesnt have title yet.
Latest post on 08 March 2015 - 13:21
I am using the affection plan to do our registration with Ejari, DH said that the titles havent been issued for any of them yet. What a shambles for you. Let me speak with DH tonight and see if he has any other alternatives for you. @Littleone, were you able to register for Ejari? <em>edited by Ebright80 on 08/03/2015</em>
Latest post on 04 March 2015 - 16:56
I am using the affection plan to do our registration with Ejari, DH said that the titles havent been issued for any of them yet. What a shambles for you. Let me speak with DH tonight and see if he has any other alternatives for you.
Latest post on 04 March 2015 - 16:51
Just spoken with DH as he is involved in strata titling and is aware of GM buildings. The Oqood registration is done in predevelopment stage and is lodged with the land department by the developer, in this case IFA. Contact IFA and see if they can help you out. The landlord wont have it. Do you have a copy of the affection plan? I do have the affection plan (this was submitted to me by IFA last year). They have seen it at the land department and disregarded it this time.
Latest post on 04 March 2015 - 16:33
Just spoken with DH as he is involved in strata titling and is aware of GM buildings. The Oqood registration is done in predevelopment stage and is lodged with the land department by the developer, in this case IFA. Contact IFA and see if they can help you out. The landlord wont have it. Do you have a copy of the affection plan?
Latest post on 04 March 2015 - 16:27
Sadly, yes I pay housing fee. I was sent to 3 departments at the Land Registry, they finally sent me to one of their senior bods who said that Buildings 1-5 are registered and Ejari is available for these, however, buildings 6-9 are not (I'm in 9), they didn't mention 10, but that until these particular buildings are registered, then they cannot issue Ejari. Hence why the gentleman stamped, signed and wrote something on my tenancy contract, so I could use this as a verified contract in the absence of Ejari. They did not accept to stamp my contract last week at the land department? However they did stamp it for me last year. Worth noting that I have gone to the same person (head of rera) and given him the exact same documentations which were provided last year. They sent me back asking for a certificate called oqood. Of course the landlord does not have it and I am not sure why this has come up at this stage. I had a feeling from the discussion that happened inside the office between the employees (in Arabic) that they do not want to stamp these contracts any longer. We are now going nutty running into circles and don't know what to do. It is absolutely ridiculous that residents have to go through this headache and are denied aceess to government services (i.e processing visa) when these tenancy contracts are executed according to the law. Has anyone living in the Golden Mile managed to successfully register for Ejari (last week onward)? Please help!
Latest post on 04 March 2015 - 15:03
Building 10 also has the housing fee, I just checked with a friend. Like us they are paying well over the 5% housing fee, so I gather you guys must be as well, our dewa for a 2 bed is based on a rent nearly aed 50k more than we are paying! No, I'm paying 5% housing fee, had no problems with that, although I do still find it extortionate........ There is also an additional fixed fee for sewerage charges, which takes the fixed monthly amount every month even higher. My usage charges are tiny, it's the fixed charges we're stuffed with :thinking: <em>edited by Kezzler on 04/03/2015</em>
Latest post on 04 March 2015 - 14:58
Building 10 also has the housing fee, I just checked with a friend. Like us they are paying well over the 5% housing fee, so I gather you guys must be as well, our dewa for a 2 bed is based on a rent nearly aed 50k more than we are paying!
Latest post on 04 March 2015 - 14:54
Sadly, yes I pay housing fee. I was sent to 3 departments at the Land Registry, they finally sent me to one of their senior bods who said that Buildings 1-5 are registered and Ejari is available for these, however, buildings 6-9 are not (I'm in 9), they didn't mention 10, but that until these particular buildings are registered, then they cannot issue Ejari. Hence why the gentleman stamped, signed and wrote something on my tenancy contract, so I could use this as a verified contract in the absence of Ejari.
Latest post on 04 March 2015 - 14:08
We arent in the buildings mentioned and we had our housing fee included in dewa from December. Are you being charged the housing fee? This might explain why they cant register at ejari.
Latest post on 04 March 2015 - 12:54
I tried to register Ejari last month as I'm sponsoring my DH, however, Golden Mile 6-9 are still not registered apparently. I visited the Land Dept myself, who said it couldn't be done yet, but they did stamp and sign my tenancy contract as acknowledgement of this until the buildings are officially registered. I don't know yet if they have been, but that was the status in Feb.
Latest post on 04 March 2015 - 12:49
Yep sure, I have just sent my paperwork off to the company that does the registration. I cant be bothered going down there and doing it myself! They said it takes 24 hours so I should know shortly. Seeing as we are being charged the 5% housing fee on DEWA I think it should be able to be registered, fingers crossed though. I will let you know in a few days. Thank you very much! I look forward to hearing from you :) Would you also please share with me the contact details of the agent who is assisting you with this.
Latest post on 04 March 2015 - 09:53
Yep sure, I have just sent my paperwork off to the company that does the registration. I cant be bothered going down there and doing it myself! They said it takes 24 hours so I should know shortly. Seeing as we are being charged the 5% housing fee on DEWA I think it should be able to be registered, fingers crossed though. I will let you know in a few days.
Latest post on 04 March 2015 - 09:04
Hi Littleone We were able to register last year at the land department using the affection plan. However it did not work for us this year. Can you please let me know if this works for you? I will then try again Regard
Latest post on 04 March 2015 - 08:42
We are in the process of registering now, but we have been advised that the titles havent been issued yet and that we should be able register with Ejari with a copy of the affection plan. Your agent/landlord should be able to provide it for you.

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY