Mudon | ExpatWoman.com

Mudon

Latest post on 04 March 2015 - 12:38

Has anyone moved here yet and if so do they have any feedback on what it's like. Access in and out and how complete is it?

Thanks

Latest post on 20 June 2018 - 15:34
We moved into Mudon in March and there are currently some huge issues with the development form our perspective. We have three boys, aged 2, 6 and 11. There are currently no facilities, despite t...
Hello dear , Have your issues been fixed? How do you find Mudon now?
Latest post on 27 April 2016 - 16:11
I see the community center opened up, but I don't see a community pool. Is there one and I'm just missing it?
Latest post on 02 September 2015 - 10:08
Hi, thought I might update this a bit. We moved into Mudon about two weeks ago. There are some issues with the complex, next door are drilling non stop and I can't bear to be in the kitchen for longer that 10 mins at the moment. As regards children I was disappointed to read the facilities won't be up and running for quite a while. It's been a bit hot for my two to be outside but the evening they have gone 'scooting' around the paths there has been no issue. Hopefully when the villas start to fill up the presence of more children will make this a family friendly area. We love the villa, there is lots of space, the only downside being the building work behind us and the extortionate quotes we are being given for landscaping!!
Latest post on 04 July 2015 - 18:17
We moved into Mudon in March and there are currently some huge issues with the development form our perspective. We have three boys, aged 2, 6 and 11. There are currently no facilities, despite the promises of swimming pool, tennis courts, jogging tracks, and sports fields. However, in each courtyard there is a small playground for the little ones and a small green space where the older kids in the courtyard play football, tag or whatever. There have been two incidents n one courtyard where children between seven and eleven have been threatened by a resident for playing on the green areas. Security were notified, but did nothing. The management have recently issued a letter stating that the green areas are not for play. This leaves the community with no area for kids older than about 5 or 6 to play (they are too old for the play equipment). If you have children, I would consider this not to be a family friendly development, as ther eis nothing for them to do outside other than to play in the street. We will be leaving as soon as our lease is up.
Latest post on 04 April 2015 - 15:55
Hi yes there will be a community pool, gym and tennis courts although not sure when they will be open. My husband has called Dubai Properties and they said it would most likely be next year before the shopping centre opens. With regards to the gardener we are using a guy called Nazin 0502072796. He is doing quite a few gardens round here. He is considerably cheaper than some quotes we were getting and he is doing a good job so far. We have half paved and half grassed and he is charging us Aed 4500 ( we have had several quotes ranging from 10k to 30k!! ). For the cleaning we use focus maids and they charge Aed 35 per hour min 4 hours. Hope this helps! Thanks so much for this. I'll add it all to my info folder. :)
Latest post on 04 April 2015 - 09:46
Hi yes there will be a community pool, gym and tennis courts although not sure when they will be open. My husband has called Dubai Properties and they said it would most likely be next year before the shopping centre opens. With regards to the gardener we are using a guy called Nazin 0502072796. He is doing quite a few gardens round here. He is considerably cheaper than some quotes we were getting and he is doing a good job so far. We have half paved and half grassed and he is charging us Aed 4500 ( we have had several quotes ranging from 10k to 30k!! ). For the cleaning we use focus maids and they charge Aed 35 per hour min 4 hours. Hope this helps!
Latest post on 03 April 2015 - 16:46
Is there a community pool or plans for one???
Latest post on 03 April 2015 - 16:41
Hi GE I don't live in Mudon but have looked at a couple of villas there and in Casa - I agree they make really good value for money and we would move there had we not just renewed for another year! I do know that people are getting the villa's for much less money than they are advertised - so do negotiate and start off quite a lot lower. I also know that new tenants are either getting the landscaping included as part of taking the villa or getting a discount as a contribution to it. In terms of accessing cleaners and gardeners I think many of the companies that operate in Arabian Ranches will go that bit further although I can't confirm this yet. Arabian Ranches have several Facebook pages and I think they are accepting people from Mudan and Casa into those groups - so it may be worth trying there. HTH :) edited by SJJ100 on 03/04/2015 Thanks for all this. We looked at Casa too, but decided Mudon was much better value for us. I'll look into the FB pages
Latest post on 03 April 2015 - 12:21
Hi GE I don't live in Mudon but have looked at a couple of villas there and in Casa - I agree they make really good value for money and we would move there had we not just renewed for another year! I do know that people are getting the villa's for much less money than they are advertised - so do negotiate and start off quite a lot lower. I also know that new tenants are either getting the landscaping included as part of taking the villa or getting a discount as a contribution to it. In terms of accessing cleaners and gardeners I think many of the companies that operate in Arabian Ranches will go that bit further although I can't confirm this yet. Arabian Ranches have several Facebook pages and I think they are accepting people from Mudan and Casa into those groups - so it may be worth trying there. HTH :) <em>edited by SJJ100 on 03/04/2015</em>
Latest post on 03 April 2015 - 10:12
Hi sorry not been on for a while, i will help if I can? Thanks Marley73 How are you finding it so far. We've looked at a couple of properties here and they look great inside. What's it like getting a gardener to do the initial work on the gardens? We were just thinking of paving the whole of the back as it doesn't look too big. Have you tried to employ a cleaner at all or do you know if there are aby good ones around?
Latest post on 03 April 2015 - 08:22
Hi sorry not been on for a while, i will help if I can?
Latest post on 02 April 2015 - 21:40
Bump Anyone living here please?
Latest post on 01 April 2015 - 20:57
Marley73 are you still around or is there anyone else who lives in Mudon who could answer a couple of questions for me? Thanks
Latest post on 06 March 2015 - 10:04
Thanks, at least they're working on it :) We're planning on coming to have a look in the next couple of weeks and kitchen appliances will be a biggie for us as our present villa was all fitted out. The garden doesn't bother me as all we'd probably do is pave it with a small border. We had to do the same here in JVT
Latest post on 06 March 2015 - 09:40
No nothing open at the moment, I heard it was suppose to be the middle of March but I think that is a bit optimistic. They are working on it which I guess is a good sign! We are renting also, and I think we rushed into it a little bit so we had to buy all the appliances ourselves and also we need to do our garden. At the moment it is just a big sandpit and I have no idea where to start with it!!
Latest post on 05 March 2015 - 16:30
Thanks for that. We're looking at renting somewhere and hoping that majority of the kitchen appliances may be already fitted. Is there anything actually open there yet or are still waiting for facilities?
Latest post on 05 March 2015 - 16:27
Hi, we moved in a couple of weeks ago and apart from a few snagging issues which I guess you always get with a new build ( blocked drains, and we had a few problems with fitting the appliances in the kitchen). we are really happy there. At the moment it is very easy getting in and out however this may change once everyone moves in and the shopping centre opens. Hope this helps.
Latest post on 05 March 2015 - 09:15
We know someone who owns there,seems like a good place and filling up fast. Thanks we thought that too, but I would really love to know what it's like on a day to day basis, before we take the plunge!
Latest post on 04 March 2015 - 23:04
We know someone who owns there,seems like a good place and filling up fast.

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY