Experience with FlyDubai | ExpatWoman.com

Experience with FlyDubai

Latest post on 04 March 2015 - 17:26

Hello Ladies,

I wanted to check if anyone of you has experience with FlyDubai business class? I understand that it is low cost airline, so I am not expecting a moon. Basically just wanted to know if it is worth the money they charge and general feedback.

Thanks in advance.

Latest post on 05 March 2015 - 19:28
Have to use Flydubai for one of the neighbouring countries I travel into, and almost always with an economy seat. Flew with a business seat twice because of a combined EK ticket, which was less expensive than purchasing a separate Flydubai economy ticket, and another EK business one (go figure!). Tip: I always pay USD 28 for the first row in Economy. Seat size is the same but there is lots of leg room and no one if front of you except for a half-wall separator from business (no curtain). It always feels like I'm in premium economy - haha. My two business seats trips were also nice, with comfortable seats, and you even disembark first onto your own business bus (not bad for a 'low cost carrier'). . . which brings me to the most irritating part of travelling with Flydubai: Terminal 2. If you're connecting with EK or any other airline, it can take a minimum of 45-60 mins just to reach T1/T3/Concourse A, especially if in economy. Sigh!
Latest post on 05 March 2015 - 13:09
Fantastic diet food........ had full blown FP from their lamb shawarma; thank god it was on arrival in Dubai; so finished hols with a 5 kg weigh loss :D
Anonymous (not verified)
Latest post on 05 March 2015 - 13:06
Sorry might not answer your question exactly, but I go low-cost to save money. So would not go for business class. As far as I know you have baggage allowance, meals and a better seat. Yes it's defintely more space and food is served, you don't need to pay Extra. Yes that's what I mean, you don't have to pay extra as you would in economy. Sounds good but still don't get why people want to fly business class on a low cost carrier. If I'm going flydubai I want to slum it properly :P I just don't think Flydubai feels like a proper low cost carrier. For me to properly feel like I am slumming it I have to get the Ryanair feeling ;) I did fly FlyBe is that slumming it? :p But yes, FlyDubai is a lot better than the average SlumAir :)
Latest post on 05 March 2015 - 12:14
Go FlyDubai but pay extra for the exit row, which usually has tons of space.
Latest post on 05 March 2015 - 11:52
I think you've got the right idea then if you're looking for space. I remember being pregnant the normal seats seem half their size, doesn't help when you've got the Rude person in front of you leaned all the way back either. Wish you the best
Latest post on 05 March 2015 - 11:33
Thanks to all those who have given useful feedback. Yes, I also prefer to fly Emirates economy class so as to save money at the same time have quality service. But now I am pregnant and going on a long flight so at least need better space and seating. The best option I feel is this as Emirates or similar airlines business class is way too much money.
Latest post on 04 March 2015 - 19:19
I fly Emirates whenever possible, to accrue miles. However, I am looking at a 9 hour flight later this month, and am almost considering getting a business class ticket on a less expensive airline rather than fly Emirates coach. It is such a different experience to fly business class. I'm not speaking of luxury but more or less the leg room you get, and not feeling like **** when you land after a long flight but have to go straight to work.
Anonymous (not verified)
Latest post on 04 March 2015 - 18:55
Sorry might not answer your question exactly, but I go low-cost to save money. So would not go for business class. As far as I know you have baggage allowance, meals and a better seat. Yes it's defintely more space and food is served, you don't need to pay Extra. Yes that's what I mean, you don't have to pay extra as you would in economy. Sounds good but still don't get why people want to fly business class on a low cost carrier. If I'm going flydubai I want to slum it properly :P If I'm going flydubai I want to slum it properly :P Your not Moonflower are you Maroosh? :lol: Low cost carriers are there to safe money. So I will fly with flydubai and not have checked baggage, I will bring something to eat myself. If I want baggage allowance, decent leg space and meals, I will book a regular carrier. For example, a flight to Doha on Qatar Airways barely costs more than a FlyDubai ticket. So for pretty much the same money I can have all the above, plus more convenient airports. And yes, I call flying totally budget "slumming it".
Latest post on 04 March 2015 - 18:48
Sorry might not answer your question exactly, but I go low-cost to save money. So would not go for business class. As far as I know you have baggage allowance, meals and a better seat. Yes it's defintely more space and food is served, you don't need to pay Extra. Yes that's what I mean, you don't have to pay extra as you would in economy. Sounds good but still don't get why people want to fly business class on a low cost carrier. If I'm going flydubai I want to slum it properly :P If I'm going flydubai I want to slum it properly :P Your not Moonflower are you Maroosh? :lol:
Anonymous (not verified)
Latest post on 04 March 2015 - 17:50
Sorry might not answer your question exactly, but I go low-cost to save money. So would not go for business class. As far as I know you have baggage allowance, meals and a better seat. Yes it's defintely more space and food is served, you don't need to pay Extra. Yes that's what I mean, you don't have to pay extra as you would in economy. Sounds good but still don't get why people want to fly business class on a low cost carrier. If I'm going flydubai I want to slum it properly :P
Latest post on 04 March 2015 - 17:42
Sorry might not answer your question exactly, but I go low-cost to save money. So would not go for business class. As far as I know you have baggage allowance, meals and a better seat. Yes it's defintely more space and food is served, you don't need to pay Extra.
Latest post on 04 March 2015 - 17:41
Hello Ladies, I wanted to check if anyone of you has experience with FlyDubai business class? I understand that it is low cost airline, so I am not expecting a moon. Basically just wanted to know if it is worth the money they charge and general feedback. Thanks in advance. My aunt just flew business with Flydubai and she loved it! She said the staff was very nice and friendly and would definitely fly again with them.
Anonymous (not verified)
Latest post on 04 March 2015 - 17:40
Sorry might not answer your question exactly, but I go low-cost to save money. So would not go for business class. As far as I know you have baggage allowance, meals and a better seat.

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY