Dermatologist recommendation (eczema) | ExpatWoman.com

Dermatologist recommendation (eczema)

Latest post on 04 March 2015 - 17:45

Can anyone recommend a good dermatologist who can help me to get rid of eczema on my face (location-wise, ideally near/not far from Dubai Marina as I have a 7 wk-old baby to carry along). The one I checked randomly at Medcare in JBR could not help me to get rid of it.

Latest post on 05 March 2015 - 11:21
Thank you, ladies. I wouldn't really bother if the eczema was anywhere but my face as it is in "dormant" stage :) but still the redness is there and it doesn't look nice on face. I am breast-feeding and plan to breast-feed at least for a year. But I don't want to wait whole year, so need to do something about it. Thanks for the recommendations, will check them up.
Latest post on 05 March 2015 - 09:35
Can anyone recommend a good dermatologist who can help me to get rid of eczema on my face (location-wise, ideally near/not far from Dubai Marina as I have a 7 wk-old baby to carry along). The one I checked randomly at Medcare in JBR could not help me to get rid of it. Dr Fiona at Dr Nicolas & asp, in marina. i have not see her myself but heard she is good
Latest post on 05 March 2015 - 06:35
Hi Barlas, just wanted to add that eczema is not something that can be gotten rid of, only treated, as no one knows the root cause. He is not close to the Marina per say, but I went to Dr. El Hoshy 2 years back in Jumeirah. Not sure if he is still there, and when he was here, it was intermittent. He prescribed me Dermovate cream and Atarax tablets to be taken at night (both can be bought OTC) when I was having flare ups. I have used the cream on my chest and neck, but I would be hesitant to tell someone to use it on their face. It can cause hyperpigmentation (temporary or in rare cases permanent) and also cause photosensitivity. The topical and the oral meds keep things at bay but do not prevent recurrences. I wish there was something permanent, and hope you find some relief. Something you may want to ask your dermatologist evening primrose oil. The University of Maryland conducted a promising study on EPO and there is strong evidence to suggest symptomatic relief. I am not a huge believer in supplements, but I wondered if there is a correlation between the fact that I have stopped EPO and my flare-ups are worse than ever. Also, I've not been to see her, but Julianne Richter gets great recommendations on this forum.
Latest post on 04 March 2015 - 21:35
Try Dr Simin Ahari. She is in Al Wasl Road and is very, very busy - you may have to wait to see her for a month or so but she is excellent and definitely worth the wait. good luck

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY