Tip for Hatta/Oman Visa Run (in car) | ExpatWoman.com

Tip for Hatta/Oman Visa Run (in car)

Latest post on 05 March 2015 - 16:38

We were told to do a visa run at the last minute during the week and ended up going in the evening. When we got to the Oman office, they stamped us in/out at the same time, so we never had to leave the car park! I told them that the children were sleeping in the car, so their passports were stamped without being seen. We were not asked for and didn't have to pay insurance. Coming back into Dubai, the children again remained in the car (with their Dad) and their passports stamped, again without being seen. The biggest bonus was not having to pay the fine we thought was due (AED 2,100).

It seems that the evening is so much easier, there's no queues and the staff at both borders very friendly and helpful.

HTH ;)

Latest post on 06 March 2015 - 08:39
I've done this run more times than I care to admit to, and that's been my experience every time (I go early on a Friday or Saturday morning). I don't have kids, but I've never had to leave the parking lot or show my Oman insurance. Getting there around 9am, it's usually an efficient in and out. Knock on wood admitting this won't jinx it for my next run!
Latest post on 05 March 2015 - 23:37
Your experience may not be the same for everyone who does this run. I went with DD a few weeks ago, she was asked for and had to purchase Oman insurance. They also wanted to see the children.

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY