Where to buy parchment paper | ExpatWoman.com

Where to buy parchment paper

Latest post on 08 March 2015 - 09:43

Hi all !!

I bake desserts a lot. When i came to doha, i had with me a good supply of parchment paper, but now i have run out of them.

Can anybody suggest where I can buy parchment paper in doha for baking??

Does anybody know any wholesale baking supply store in doha?? I am sure all the cafes and restaurants in Doha will not be buying their stuff from stores like Tavola or Lakeland. So if anyone knows any local store who sells baking supplies either for cooking or decorating then please mention here.

Thanks.

Latest post on 26 March 2015 - 08:50
You won't find real vanilla or almond extract here at all. It is packed in alcohol and therefore not available for sale. If you google, you can find lots of recipes to make your own vanilla using vanilla beans and vodka. I have found glucose at Family Food in the past. As for the rest, you may have to order them online or look for them in Dubai if you visit there.
Latest post on 25 March 2015 - 10:09
UPDATE – Went to the ‘Kitchen Kraft’ on B-ring road which is bang opposite to Pearling School. This was a very well stocked place. I think you can consider it as a heaven for a baker. All kinds of pots, pans, roasting trays, springform pans, cupcake pans etc with baguette pan, pasta maker, icing nozzle, sizzler plates…. can be found here and icing of the cake is, it is much much….. lower price than any super stores like lulu, Carrefour or almeera, almost like wholesale prices. I got a beautiful ceramic coating non stick pan (made in Italy), I think for half the cost of any supermarket price. I felt the store is more targeted towards restaurants and commercial bakeries. I have not visited any other stores that JillMV mentioned here, but this store was a great find. Thank you so much JillMV for writing about them. I got the parchment paper in megamart and for only 2.50 qar for the roll (don’t remember the length). Now my quest is to find a store where they sell edible bakery supplies like meringue powder, glucose, cake gel, all kinds of edible colors, edible glitters and shines, vanilla/almond extract etc. I have already been to all saupermarkets like lulu, Carrefour, almeera, megamart including tavola, Lakeland, al rawnaq etc. But I found their choices are very very limited. If anybody knows any local stores who stock these or any other things that professional chefs use please mention them. Thanks <em>edited by happy_feet on 25/03/2015</em>
Latest post on 11 March 2015 - 19:14
Hi Happy Feet - I just checked google maps and, yes, it calls what I call Muntazah street, Rawdat Ali khan. I have always thought it was called Muntazah st- maybe the street sign says that -- or back in the day when there were no signs, the only sign may have been for Muntazah Park, haha, which is on the street. Anyway the store front is on B ring just near the intersection. Kitchen and Co at least used in one of the strip malls across the street from the Mercedes dealership. It's possible they have moved - I haven't been in a couple of years. No, I'm not much of a chef or baker, but I handle food service at work so I have shopped around for lots of kitchen equipment. <em>edited by JillMV on 11/03/2015</em>
Latest post on 11 March 2015 - 09:15
Thankyou ladies for your help. Maple: I have been to lulu so manytimes and have bought clingfilm and aluminium sheets, but had no idea they sell parchment papers too. Thanks for the information. JillMV: Hi I did a google search for Kitchen and Co, but the address they have on their website is industrial area. Do you know if they have anyshowroom on Salwa road?? I live very close to megamart. Royal Art Kitchen and Al Halabi, i got their websites and can figure out their locations. For New House Complex, do you mean near the intersection of Rawat Ali Khan road and B ring road?? because when I googled for Al Muntazah St, it shows Rawat Ali Khan road . I will check it out today when I go to pick up my daughter from Pearling School. Just out of curiosity, if you dont mind, do you bake professionally?? If anybody else has anything to contribute, then please mention here.
Latest post on 10 March 2015 - 23:51
I usually buy parchment paper from Lulu Gharafa or Carrefour (Dana brand).
Latest post on 09 March 2015 - 16:11
There are a few wholesale kitchen supply stores on Salwa Rd: Kitchen and Co probably the most likely Royal Art Kitchen Al Halabi maybe others as well. There is also a great kitchen supply store - New House Complex - near the intersection of B Ring and Al Muntazah St.