They are at it again! BEWARE | ExpatWoman.com

They are at it again! BEWARE

Latest post on 10 March 2015 - 16:04

The fraudsters are at it again - BEWARE….
I had 2 phone calls today stating they were Etisalat and I had been 'chosen' to win AED200,000. They were very smooth chatting away asking where I was from, which bank I used etc. That is until, I stated I would have to check with my husband. Then, they could not get off the phone quick enough. I have the phone number but have not done anything with it (reported) as I'm not sure where to go and who to call. I just wanted to warn others not to get conned and hand over any details.

Latest post on 03 June 2015 - 17:14
Just FYI its still going on - I've had two calls in two days from a guy claiming to be from Etisalat head office. Told the guy if he was actually from Etisalat he would know my name and account details. "Yes ma'am I know your name". When I challenged him to tell me my name etc he became very aggressive and was shouting down the phone at me. I've contacted Etisalat who are looking into it and have blocked the number. Worth being aware of especially for kids / teens with mobiles.
Latest post on 11 March 2015 - 12:11
I had a the same phone call a few years ago and keep telling them i'll be calling the police and I quickly find the line dead
Latest post on 11 March 2015 - 11:37
Blow a whistle down the phone is bursts their ear drums !
Latest post on 10 March 2015 - 20:10
Thanks for your replies - yes I felt like cheering (to have them on) but I was in a public place when I received the calls and really did not feel like looking like a t***. I have reported to Etisalat and await a reply.
Latest post on 10 March 2015 - 16:20
I say "give me 2 minutes" then put the phone next to the radio and turn the music up really loudly It tends to do the trick
Latest post on 10 March 2015 - 16:16
Next time, just keep shouting YES, WHOOPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!! YES YES YES!! It [i'>really[/i'> winds them up.
Latest post on 10 March 2015 - 16:12
You need to report the number to Etisalat, if you are on twitter you can send them a DM.

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY