Anyone got a few boxes of Belara contraceptive pill lying around????? | ExpatWoman.com

Anyone got a few boxes of Belara contraceptive pill lying around?????

Latest post on 11 March 2015 - 19:20

This may be a long shot but does anyone have any unused packets of the Belara contraceptive pill at home that they no longer need/use? I'm at my wits end.

Gynae tried me on a new pill when Belara suddenly disappeared off the shelves in November last year but I've reacted terribly to it and she is at a loss as to what to do. I've exhausted all the locally available options. Belara is the only pill that seems to work for me and my PCOS.

I've even considered trying to purchase it online in Europe but some of the sites look a bit dodge and I'm a bit nervous. Apparently it's readily available in Italy, France, Germany.

Tearing my hair out with sheer frustration. :cry:

Latest post on 06 February 2016 - 16:13
Hi sandyfeet31, I know this is an old post, but I'm curious to know if you solved the problem with Belara, I moved to Dubai a few month a go and this month my Belara supplies finished, I really don't want to change it. So I'm annalizing my options, if I can get them somewhere around UAE it better then get them from Europe or somewhere else. Belara is not available here at the moment but, Is it ok to have someone mailing me 1/2 boxes every month or so? I have prescription from my European Doctor to take that pill. If you can kindly let me know what worked for you, I would appreciate it! Regards.
Latest post on 18 March 2015 - 10:36
@popsicle Tried Marvelon before Belara. Stopped after two weeks as nausea, day and night. Gynae prescribed Gynera as the alternative to Belara but wowzer, emotions like a roller coaster, bloated, stomach pain, sore joints, difficulty breathing so gynae said get off asap. I'm taking nothing now. Its a complete shambles. I've googled and there is so exact match for Belara. Pharmacists reckon it won't come back in (apparently it can be used as morning after pill?) hence its no longer available.
Latest post on 15 March 2015 - 20:56
Well, my plan B has been to just do nothing, and hope for th best. But, thinking my luck will run out sooner than later, so I just started Marvelon. Let the hormone train begin!
Latest post on 15 March 2015 - 16:03
Thank you Kezzler, tried the online UK pharmacy site you suggested and they don't carry Belara. I'm really at my wits end. I've tried almost every other contraceptive pill on the market and they don't work. I felt like I was losing my mind on Gynera, which was what the gynae suggested as an alternative. Chest pains, stomach cramps, bloating and nausea, every single day. I've since stopped Gynera and my PCOS has flared up and I'm a hormonal, blithering mess. I must have walked the length of Dubai trying to find old boxes of Belara. Does anyone know why its no longer supplied? Every pharmacist just tells me its the distributors are not distributing any more. So my next appeal is to any French, German, Belgian EWs.... do you know of any online suppliers of contraceptive pills that would deliver to the UK or Dubai? Or is anyone able to bring back some Belara for me? Can you buy a pill in those countries without a prescription or would my prescription from Dubai work? (was my gynae's suggestion because she too doesn't know what to prescribe now) Popsicle, what is your Plan B????? Interested to see if you found something that works. :cry:
Latest post on 15 March 2015 - 16:03
Thank you Kezzler, tried the online UK pharmacy site you suggested and they don't carry Belara. I'm really at my wits end. I've tried almost every other contraceptive pill on the market and they don't work. I felt like I was losing my mind on Gynera, which was what the gynae suggested as an alternative. Chest pains, stomach cramps, bloating and nausea, every single day. I've since stopped Gynera and my PCOS has flared up and I'm a hormonal, blithering mess. I must have walked the length of Dubai trying to find old boxes of Belara. Does anyone know why its no longer supplied? Every pharmacist just tells me its the distributors are not distributing any more. So my next appeal is to any French, German, Belgian EWs.... do you know of any online suppliers of contraceptive pills that would deliver to the UK or Dubai? Or is anyone able to bring back some Belara for me? Can you buy a pill in those countries without a prescription or would my prescription from Dubai work? (was my gynae's suggestion because she too doesn't know what to prescribe now) Popsicle, what is your Plan B????? Interested to see if you found something that works. :cry:
Latest post on 12 March 2015 - 11:05
When my preferred pill disappeared off the shelves here a few years ago, I found an on-line UK company called www.pharmadoctor.co.uk who stocked it. After doing an on-line consultation (basically yes/no answers), it is reviewed by a Dr and then approved to send out. I have been ordering repeat prescriptions from them every 6 months. They send them out Royal Mail registered post and it usually takes about a week to arrive here. I don't know if they stock yours, but I can vouch for them being a legit company and a good solution for me.
Latest post on 12 March 2015 - 10:50
I'm in the same situation.....

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY