Areas to live | ExpatWoman.com

Areas to live

Latest post on 16 March 2015 - 03:48

Good morning,

My children and I will be moving to Abu Dhabi in August to join my husband. My girls will be attending Brighton College and my husband works in KCA. Our housing allowance means will we most likely need to live off island. He currently is in Al Reef Downtown but the flat will probably be too cramped for all of us and our dog. Some of his co-workers recommended KCA and MBZ to live? Any feedback on these areas? Any other areas to recommend? I loved Sas Al Nakhl when we visited last year but too much given that we will already be well over the education allowance.

Thanks so much!

Latest post on 28 April 2015 - 08:37
If the choice is between KCA and MBZ due to the budget I would definitely go for KCA as it's more established, more shops, more westerners...
Latest post on 12 April 2015 - 14:44
We stay in the same compound as Brighton college. Its called bloom gardens. In fact a lot of families which have children attending Brighton stay here. Its a nice gated community and the staff is also very friendly.
Latest post on 31 March 2015 - 22:25
bus times are always early here remember sch starts very different times to the rest of the world. yasmina teachers live in kca and rayanna as thats very close. there are loads of compounds around bcad now, but its all well over 200k mark then you can look at reem if you have a lesser budget or kca... raha beach is expensive.... sas al nakheel is close to bcad too. it all depends on the money
Latest post on 31 March 2015 - 16:33
My girls will be going into Year 5. It would be great if we could get together before school starts. Nice to know we aren't alone. That would be great. Are you going to visit before August? I've had a FB message from a friend of a friend today whose husband teaches at Al Yasmina. She recommends Muneera or Zeina at Al Raha Beach. It looks lovely but it's further to drive to school and the bus pick up is ridiculously early. She says a lot of Al Yasmina staff live at Al Rayyana.
Latest post on 31 March 2015 - 13:47
it will all depend on your budget, if you say what it is then i can tell you certain areas.
Latest post on 31 March 2015 - 12:27
My girls will be going into Year 5. It would be great if we could get together before school starts. Nice to know we aren't alone.
Latest post on 30 March 2015 - 15:54
Sorry I can't offer any practical help, but we are also moving end of July/beginning of August. Our son has a place in Year 4 at Brighton College - which year are your girls going into? We're going over for a week on Thursday and I have an appointment to view apartments in Al Rayyana. It would be good to know someone in a very similar situation bye: