November Due Date | ExpatWoman.com

November Due Date

Latest post on 30 September 2015 - 18:27
Hi Ladies I am 12 weeks + pregnant now and will be traveling back to Dubai in the next 2 weeks. My EDD is Nov end. Though the initial scans and Nuchal Translucency tests r done from here, as soon as i reach Dubai i have to look for a good doc n hospital for a smooth n pleasant experience for the remaining 2 trimesters. I would need some suggestions from you all in this selection process and have some options to look at. Since i stay in the Tecom-Greens area should i go for a nearby place in case of any emergencies at wee hours or to avoid a jam-packed Sheikh Zayed Rd at peak hours? I am a bit worried on this doc choosing part. Pls help. Regards Babushka I had my two babies, normal deliveries, by Dr Mira, French Ob-Gyn. Great personality, Amazing background! www.drmiragyneclogist.com She works in HMC Clinic: 043445550 on Jumeira beach road She speaks several languages-
Latest post on 30 June 2015 - 16:09
Hi ladies! I had my first child delivered with Dr. Elsa and waiting for the 2nd one. My questions is: has anyone given birth at City with Dr. Elsa after she opened her clinic and much were the costs? Thanks
Latest post on 20 May 2015 - 07:58
Hi Ladies I am 12 weeks + pregnant now and will be traveling back to Dubai in the next 2 weeks. My EDD is Nov end. Though the initial scans and Nuchal Translucency tests r done from here, as soon as i reach Dubai i have to look for a good doc n hospital for a smooth n pleasant experience for the remaining 2 trimesters. I would need some suggestions from you all in this selection process and have some options to look at. Since i stay in the Tecom-Greens area should i go for a nearby place in case of any emergencies at wee hours or to avoid a jam-packed Sheikh Zayed Rd at peak hours? I am a bit worried on this doc choosing part. Pls help. Regards Babushka
Latest post on 29 March 2015 - 23:12
Hi, Congratulations on your pregnancy! I delivered my first one with Dr Elsa at city and highly recommend her. Ummzarinah - I'm sorry that you've had to move hospitals at the last moment also surprised about your experience with Dr Elsa. I had a totally opposite experience, she was very patient and never once pushed thru appts also she was the one who was **** bent upon me going for a natural delivery though I was ok with a c sec and finally she gave me the best birth. My baby suddenly was in a very eccentric position when I went into labour and any other dr wud have immediately chopped me but Dr Elsa brought the baby into right position and finally I had a normal delivery with just 14 mins of pushing. Thanks CG9....its great you had such a good experience. Perhaps if I'd have simply refused the c-section and went there to have my baby when I did go into labour naturally things would have been different...who knows. Its something that hurt me alot as my firstborn was born via c-section due to preeclampsia and interventions from being induced....maybe she's not very VBAC friendly, most doctors aren't. I just really felt betrayed honestly. This time around I'm either going with Dr. Raj at American (rave rave reviews) registering at a government hospital, or simply going back home as there are TONS more options. Ideally I'd rather be at a birthing center so I'm really really leaning towards going back home. So I'm 8 weeks and I swear I can feel the baby moving, am I going nutso? I know you can feel the baby earlier when you've had more than 1 but 8 weeks...is that even possible?????
Latest post on 27 March 2015 - 11:17
Congratulations ladies! I'm pregnant with my second, due 7th of November and I already saw a doctor due to spotting and mc before this baby so went to check if everything was ok. I still haven't found a gynecologist, my gynecologist went on leave the day she saw me since she'll be having her baby. A lot of people recommend doctor Elsa, I might give her a go and see .
Latest post on 24 March 2015 - 09:42
Hi, Congratulations on your pregnancy! I delivered my first one with Dr Elsa at city and highly recommend her. Ummzarinah - I'm sorry that you've had to move hospitals at the last moment also surprised about your experience with Dr Elsa. I had a totally opposite experience, she was very patient and never once pushed thru appts also she was the one who was **** bent upon me going for a natural delivery though I was ok with a c sec and finally she gave me the best birth. My baby suddenly was in a very eccentric position when I went into labour and any other dr wud have immediately chopped me but Dr Elsa brought the baby into right position and finally I had a normal delivery with just 14 mins of pushing.
Latest post on 22 March 2015 - 17:24
hi girls... im also pregnant with first baby due 1st November,,, sooooo excited!! :party: I am going to do the al Zahra package... it seems to have quite a good repuatation and its pretty close to my house,,, wishing you all the best :biggrin:
Latest post on 22 March 2015 - 06:04
Hi hotdiggity, congratulations on your pregnancy! Is this your first? I too am about 7 weeks pregnant (due date November 8th) :-o There are ALOT of great doctor recommendations on this site, depending on the type of experience you'd like to have and if you have a specific hospital in mind. I've not been to Medcare so I dont have any advice there. I had my second born here in Dubai at al Zahra hospital. It was brand new and extremely empty so I received top notch care. I was with Dr. Elsa at City until 40 weeks and then switched to Al Zahra. Dr. Elsa has rave reviews as being pro natural....I found her to be short and not very genuine....and in the end not very pro natural at all (hence me switching hospitals at 40 wks). The best advice I can give is try to find someone that fits well with you. While the reviews help, in the end it all boils down to the experiences YOU have with the doctor. Oh and as far as visiting the doctor if you have insurance I think they will see you from the beginning (Now) but if you're going with an antennatal package those start from 12 weeks onwards. I think as long as you feel fine outside of all day sickness (because the term morning sickness is a farce) and aren't having any problems 12 weeks is a good time to start seeing a doctor.
Latest post on 18 March 2015 - 11:43
Good Morning Ladies, I have just discovered I am pregnant.... am delighted. I have worked out I am approximately 7weeks. Can you all tell me at what stage did you visit the doctor for the first time? I have been attending Medcare Hospital in the past and am happy with it, can someone recommend a good doc here? Thank you ladies

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY