spa days | ExpatWoman.com

spa days

Latest post on 19 March 2015 - 12:34

if you were giving someone a spa day as a treat - which one would you choose and why?

Latest post on 01 April 2015 - 11:32
I have been to so many spas in Dubai and usually I have left feeling that it really wasn't anything special enough to warrant the price paid. However, just last Friday I took myself off to the Talise Spa in the Zabeel Saray by myself while the hubby was at work and had the best facial I have ever had and it was the most peaceful and relaxing day ever. The grounds are amazing, not to mention the decor and surroundings being beautiful. I really felt like I was looked after. I used all of the facilities before my treatment (sauna/steam/snow room/swimming pool/jacuzzi) and was seated in a relaxation lounge with a cup of tea before my therapist came for me. Afterwards, she lead me back to the lounge offered more tea and told me I could use the facilities for the rest of the day if I wanted. I would definitely recommend Zabeel Saray! :) DH and I felt totally the opposite to you. Yes the treatments were great, but the rest of the time we were just left to our own devices. We had access to all the facilities, but were never actually shown them and we ended up going out and onto the beach for the rest of the day. For a couples treatment that cost over AED1k, I would never recommend it if you want to feel special. It was a good job that I had won a 1k voucher to pay for most of it.
Latest post on 01 April 2015 - 11:25
I have been to so many spas in Dubai and usually I have left feeling that it really wasn't anything special enough to warrant the price paid. However, just last Friday I took myself off to the Talise Spa in the Zabeel Saray by myself while the hubby was at work and had the best facial I have ever had and it was the most peaceful and relaxing day ever. The grounds are amazing, not to mention the decor and surroundings being beautiful. I really felt like I was looked after. I used all of the facilities before my treatment (sauna/steam/snow room/swimming pool/jacuzzi) and was seated in a relaxation lounge with a cup of tea before my therapist came for me. Afterwards, she lead me back to the lounge offered more tea and told me I could use the facilities for the rest of the day if I wanted. I would definitely recommend Zabeel Saray! :)
Latest post on 31 March 2015 - 13:39
GE I felt like that at Talise Al Qasr - which was a gift from the boss. Felt ignored and not shown the area very well at all. How odd, me too. My husband bought me the treatments and I just left afterwards as nobody communicated what I could do or where to go, i was on my own - perhaps it is better with a group!
Latest post on 31 March 2015 - 12:45
Recently, i tried the Willow Stream Spa at the Fairmont Dubai Shk Zayed, morning slot. I was alone using the place (somehow made me really relaxed)...Every staff was very accommodating, showed me around and the massage was heavenly. they give 50% off from their regular rates if your bday is within that month and facilities are wonderful. Others Spa that's also nice: Sofitel Spa The Palm, One and Only and Park Hyatt.
Anonymous (not verified)
Latest post on 20 March 2015 - 13:50
Park Hyatt, lovely surroundings and they serve delicious afternoon tea by the pool too! Not overpriced like some in Dubai. I agree, Park Hyatt is the best value for money, great, relaxing, quiet environment. I sometimes give myself the treat of a spa day there with my daughter.
Latest post on 19 March 2015 - 15:29
GE I felt like that at Talise Al Qasr - which was a gift from the boss. Felt ignored and not shown the area very well at all. Funnily enough one of the Spa's I went to was at Zabeel Saray and similarly to you most of it was paid for. If it hadn't been I would have felt very short changed. I couldn't fault the treatment, it was the overall experience which put me off. <em>edited by Geordie expat on 19/03/2015</em>
Latest post on 19 March 2015 - 15:00
GE I felt like that at Talise Al Qasr - which was a gift from the boss. Felt ignored and not shown the area very well at all.
Latest post on 19 March 2015 - 12:49
I'll be interested to see any answers to this as I've done three and I've yet to find a place that really looks after you once the treatments are over. One of my three did, but I think that was because we are regulars there and all the staff know us. The other two 'big' hotels just sort of left us to get on with things once we had finished our treatments. Not really showing us the various facilities or where anything else was.
Latest post on 19 March 2015 - 12:47
Park Hyatt, lovely surroundings and they serve delicious afternoon tea by the pool too! Not overpriced like some in Dubai.

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY