Postpartum Must Have | ExpatWoman.com

Postpartum Must Have

Latest post on 20 March 2015 - 07:23

Good Morning Ladies,

soon my little bundle of joy will arrive and all is ready for the baby. But now i realize that I have nothing prepared postpartum for Mummy....What would I need Postpartum?

Did anyone has:
- Sitz bath to sooth area down under?
- Shaping Leggings?
- good maid service to help me around the house?

TIA

Latest post on 21 March 2015 - 20:36
Thank you :)
Latest post on 21 March 2015 - 01:01
-You can buy a Sitz bath (plastic doughnut shaped) from Life Pharmacy on Al Wasl Rd. -I use Right Maids, they are Dhs 40/hr, 4 hrs each time, and they are generally reliable. I bought some FemeGel pads from Amazon UK, they are gel ice packs to use "down under" postpartum. They helped a lot with my previous postpartum recoveries. You may need a nursing cover, 6-7 comfy nursing bras (I prefer Bravado Seamless Silk, which I bought online), and some nursing-friendly clothes. I wear a varied assortment, ranging from shalwar kameez with 11-inch button or zip down necks, to button down shirts and loose-ish tops paired with pants and skirts. I've never used shaping leggings. I tried a Velcro waist binder/ corset, and it wasn't as effective as the cotton waist wrapping that my postpartum massage lady performed. I'm still searching for a postpartum massage lady. I used the services of one after delivery of my 2nd baby and it made all the difference in my ability to function effectively. Try to sort out a system for outsourcing meal prep. Find a local takeaway you like, whose food you can supplement with easily home-prepared items like pasta, rice, basic green salad, roasted low GI veg, and fruit. Or, start bulk-preparing food and freezing in smallish portions. Place test orders from online grocery places like trolley.ae, greenheart farms, earlybird.ae. Sometimes lack of continued sleep and newborn baby's inability to sleep to a schedule can mean that cooking and getting to a grocery store/ grocery shopping seem daunting, even while waking up hungry.

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY