How can I reduce my dark circles? | ExpatWoman.com

How can I reduce my dark circles?

Latest post on 24 March 2015 - 10:48

How can I reduce my dark circles?

Latest post on 07 April 2015 - 17:07
Dark circles can also be effects of rubbing your eyes frequently. The vasodilation of blood vessels cause the darkening. I would avoid rubbing eyes to avoid this and yes, get enough sleep. For the puffiness, a tea bag over your eyes works and cucumber slices too.
Latest post on 07 April 2015 - 12:36
The most effective things for reducing under eye bags or circles is to sleep well, I know it sounds cliche but that is the biggest cause of dark circles. Also make sure you are properly hydrated. This issue is also usually hereditary so its not always that easy to treat. home treatments you can use to help are , placing teabags on closed eyes (dipped in cold water) ,cold cucumber slices, and a good one i find that instantly refreshes my under eye is placing two teaspoons in a freezer for about an hour and then placing these under your eyes. I use YSL top secrets eye roll on gel that actually instantly brightens the under eye and have not found a single product that achieves the same results! one more thing for reducing the appearance of under eye circles is to find the correct concealer match, a lot of people use the wrong colour under their eyes and end up making the circles more visible, I personally have a purple tone that looks very ashy when I try to conceal with a normal skin colour concealer, so a peachy concealer colour usually does it for me. ;) hope that helps
Latest post on 27 March 2015 - 21:19
I've found taking iron and omega 3 supplements have really helped and also using vitamin E oil under eyes.
Latest post on 25 March 2015 - 21:15
Drinking plenty of water and detoxifying of the body. I start the day with some lemon juice in warm water
Latest post on 24 March 2015 - 21:18
A good makeup remover is MAC cleanse off oil. It is pretty effortless so I don't have to rub the delicate eye area to get all the makeup off.
Latest post on 24 March 2015 - 16:30
The only thing that I've found, which does help is Clarins Eye Contour Gel. Mind you do have to use it every morning at least and I tend to reapply if I'm going out at night.
Latest post on 24 March 2015 - 16:24
My friend has bother her lower and upper lids done in Belgium. They look amazing. I had fillers but they only seemed to puff out the area not remove all the lines or dark patches, mine weren't too bad though. I will go down the surgery option in 10 years or so :-) Oh really? I know the results vary. For now concealer is doing the trick, it's just that I "need" it every day. I've lost some weight recently, and my circles are really prominent. :( Truthfully I am very hesitant to do anything. I am in bad need of getting my nose fixed (deviated septum) and I am worried it will change it. It's not perfect, but I don't want a different one! OP btw, I wasn't saying fillers or cosmetic surgery is "the" answer, but dark circles are really hard to get rid of. If they are due to some of the reasons I mentioned in my other post, you'll definitely see improvement if your environment or lifestyle sees a change. Report back if you have luck with the grapeseed oil! I've never seen a huge benefit from skin care but I'm happy to be corrected! They are and what you said is correct. The CS told me that no potions/creams will get rid of them. Thankfully mine aren't too bad and he did say it is too soon to do anything with them which was refreshing as many will just take your money
Latest post on 24 March 2015 - 16:07
My friend has bother her lower and upper lids done in Belgium. They look amazing. I had fillers but they only seemed to puff out the area not remove all the lines or dark patches, mine weren't too bad though. I will go down the surgery option in 10 years or so :-) Oh really? I know the results vary. For now concealer is doing the trick, it's just that I "need" it every day. I've lost some weight recently, and my circles are really prominent. :( Truthfully I am very hesitant to do anything. I am in bad need of getting my nose fixed (deviated septum) and I am worried it will change it. It's not perfect, but I don't want a different one! OP btw, I wasn't saying fillers or cosmetic surgery is "the" answer, but dark circles are really hard to get rid of. If they are due to some of the reasons I mentioned in my other post, you'll definitely see improvement if your environment or lifestyle sees a change. Report back if you have luck with the grapeseed oil! I've never seen a huge benefit from skin care but I'm happy to be corrected!
Latest post on 24 March 2015 - 15:25
Dark circles can become prominent as we age. Skin tone and genetics play a role as well. As some of the elastin and hyaluronic acid breaks down in the skin, and less collagen is produced (after age 28) the skin around the tear troughs also thins out. For the most part, there are no topical agents that can help this, nor so called lightening creams because the skin is becoming more transparent--not becoming darker. As far as procedures, fillers do wonders, and if you check out before and after photos on realself.com, it is almost enough to make me consider it. (Having issues myself lately). Factors such as not drinking enough water, smoking, lack of sleep, vitamin B deficiencies, and alcohol consumption also exacerbate dark circle prominence. When removing eye makeup, also take care to choose a removing agent that requires less rubbing. I usually go for the waterproof removers for this reason. My friend has bother her lower and upper lids done in Belgium. They look amazing. I had fillers but they only seemed to puff out the area not remove all the lines or dark patches, mine weren't too bad though. I will go down the surgery option in 10 years or so :-)
Latest post on 24 March 2015 - 13:48
Dark circles can become prominent as we age. Skin tone and genetics play a role as well. As some of the elastin and hyaluronic acid breaks down in the skin, and less collagen is produced (after age 28) the skin around the tear troughs also thins out. For the most part, there are no topical agents that can help this, nor so called lightening creams because the skin is becoming more transparent--not becoming darker. As far as procedures, fillers do wonders, and if you check out before and after photos on realself.com, it is almost enough to make me consider it. (Having issues myself lately). Factors such as not drinking enough water, smoking, lack of sleep, vitamin B deficiencies, and alcohol consumption also exacerbate dark circle prominence. When removing eye makeup, also take care to choose a removing agent that requires less rubbing. I usually go for the waterproof removers for this reason.
Latest post on 24 March 2015 - 12:41
Try grapeseed oil. Pat on every night and again in the morning if possible. Give it two weeks. or try homeveda.com

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY