Pearl Shopping | ExpatWoman.com

Pearl Shopping

Latest post on 06 April 2015 - 16:15
Got my pearls from Cara at Gold and Diamond Park on SZroad but don't think they are authentic for this region. <em>edited by Bluebutton on 06/04/2015</em>
Latest post on 30 March 2015 - 11:32
Thanks Laurelm! If I'm ever passing through Bahrain I'll definitely keep this in mind :)
Latest post on 25 March 2015 - 14:19
Unfortunately, I can't recommend anywhere here in the UAE, but I was in Bahrain last week and did some pearl shopping there. There's a ban on selling cultured pearls there and they take their pearl diving heritage particularly seriously (I would say more so than anywhere else in the GCC, and pearls from around Bahrain are supposed to be top-notch) so it was a really interesting experience. Plus - new jewelery, yay. Sorry I wasn't able to answer your question, really, but I would highly recommend a trip to Bahrain, anyway (for the peals and experiencing the place generally speaking). I was there to write a travel story (to be published this summer) but I'm hooked and can't wait to return.
Latest post on 25 March 2015 - 11:28
Hi there, I'm looking for a good place to shop for pearls here in Dubai. I've been reading lots on the pearl diving culture here in the Emirates and would love to find a place with authentic, local pearls. Any suggestions?

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY