HELP - can get my children into school | ExpatWoman.com

HELP - can get my children into school

Latest post on 26 March 2015 - 15:36

I have been here for a little over a month and am having trouble getting my children into a school. I have been told by the school that the children can not go longer than 30 days out of school. We have already past this time because we come from Australia and our academic year is different. Has anyone else experienced this? I am worried because I came here to work but can not work if my children are not in school. I am desperate to fine a solution to my problem so please reply if you have a suggestion!!!!
edited by Abroad on 26/03/2015
<em>edited by Abroad on 26/03/2015</em>

Latest post on 28 April 2015 - 08:42
Try and get them into ANY school, then at least your kids won't need to repeat a year. And then start applying to all good schools, the waiting lists are huge though Last year we arrived in April and the only school we could get into was British Belvedere, so my child did one term in it. then in summer we transferred to a better school
Latest post on 11 April 2015 - 20:52
Hi we are relocating in August from USA, any tips and pointers on the whole school scene, I am very nervous about this all I hear is kids are getti g home schooled while waiting for a seat. How did it work out for you guys in the end? How many schools are you allowed to apply to? I can not stress enough how important it is to apply NOW to the school of your choice. If you wait until August there is just about zero chance you will get in. All the school websites have directions on how to apply on line. Again, do not wait! Some of the school wait lists are in the hundreds already. Best of luck. Again, apply NOW. :)
Latest post on 11 April 2015 - 17:51
Hi we are relocating in August from USA, any tips and pointers on the whole school scene, I am very nervous about this all I hear is kids are getti g home schooled while waiting for a seat. How did it work out for you guys in the end? How many schools are you allowed to apply to?
Latest post on 08 April 2015 - 07:21
Hi Abroad, I've just relocated with my family from Brisbane. I found it very hard to get my three kids into a school. I found that you have to contact the schools regularly. It took about 4 months to secure a place but I now have all three into the same school. What area are you living in? Let me know if you have any questions and I'd be happy to chat.
Latest post on 31 March 2015 - 13:58
talk to adec if you are out more than 30 days they will not recognise that year and you will have to repeat.