News regarding the plane crash | ExpatWoman.com

News regarding the plane crash

Latest post on 26 March 2015 - 16:17
Latest post on 29 March 2015 - 15:39
Thank you Admin. The brother of a family friend was on that flight (my mum knew him) and a lot of people back home has friends/relatives who lost a loved one on that flight too. Rest in peace and may your souls be blessed.
Latest post on 26 March 2015 - 21:30
Hi ladies, We ask that you please remain respectful towards the lives lost and their families at this time, and refrain from speculation. EW Admin
Latest post on 26 March 2015 - 21:12
Under US law there has to be two people at any given time but not under EU law I feel new procedures will have to be put into place to prevent this happening again
Latest post on 26 March 2015 - 20:19
I had seen on Ryanair that if one pilot is out of the cockpit ( To visit the loo etc) then a cabin crew member take their place until the other pilot returns This is correct. DH used to work for them. Never liked flying with them but this is crazy!!! It's a good thing to always have two people in cockpit - ensures second pilot can always get back in without the first pilot having to get out of their seat to let them back in. Plus ensures the pilot flying is awake/generally ok. edited by HellsBells on 26/03/2015 Exactly - how insane that 1 person is left responsible for a plane load of people! If this is the case, then WHY was a hostess not in that cockpit!
Latest post on 26 March 2015 - 18:55
Had he flown in that morning or was it an overnighter in Barcelona?
Latest post on 26 March 2015 - 18:51
It beggars belief. What were the chance's of the Captain leaving his seat on a short 2 hour flight though? Quite high if you have a very short, very busy turnaround.
Latest post on 26 March 2015 - 18:44
It beggars belief. What were the chance's of the Captain leaving his seat on a short 2 hour flight though? Mass murder, RIP to everyone
Latest post on 26 March 2015 - 18:29
I had seen on Ryanair that if one pilot is out of the cockpit ( To visit the loo etc) then a cabin crew member take their place until the other pilot returns This is correct. DH used to work for them. Never liked flying with them but this is crazy!!! It's a good thing to always have two people in cockpit - ensures second pilot can always get back in without the first pilot having to get out of their seat to let them back in. Plus ensures the pilot flying is awake/generally ok. <em>edited by HellsBells on 26/03/2015</em>
Latest post on 26 March 2015 - 18:16
I had seen on Ryanair that if one pilot is out of the cockpit ( To visit the loo etc) then a cabin crew member take their place until the other pilot returns This is correct. DH used to work for them. Never liked flying with them but this is crazy!!!
Latest post on 26 March 2015 - 17:06
I had seen on Ryanair that if one pilot is out of the cockpit ( To visit the loo etc) then a cabin crew member take their place until the other pilot returns This is correct. DH used to work for them.
Latest post on 26 March 2015 - 16:36
This is absolutely horrendous. I didn't see the news conference, but what they're currently saying on Sky almost defies belief. My heart goes out to all the relatives and also the thought of what those people on the plane went through, those poor exchange students, it's just horrific and heartbreaking. I can't comprehend it at all.
Latest post on 26 March 2015 - 16:28
I feel SOP's will have to be rewritten with regards to a single pilot being left alone in the cockpit I had seen on Ryanair that if one pilot is out of the cockpit ( To visit the loo etc) then a cabin crew member take their place until the other pilot returns
Latest post on 26 March 2015 - 16:25
I can't stop thinking about this, it's so awful. I've been imagining the eight minute descent and how unbearable it must have been but from this report it sounds like at least the passengers weren't aware until the last moments. RIP.

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY