Nurseries near Springs or Media City | ExpatWoman.com

Nurseries near Springs or Media City

Latest post on 27 March 2015 - 15:10

Hi,
We are moving to Dubai soon and I'm looking for a good nursery near Springs (where we will probably live) and Media City ( where I will hopefully work). Blossom nursery has been recommended to us but I would like some more options as we will try to visit a few when we come out to look in a month's time.
My little boy is 2 so I guess I need to look into possible schools as well? The company that helps us move recommended Raffles in Springs but I suspect it's only because it's near. My neighbour used to work as a teacher there and he didn't like the school at all, said they were all about making a profit and barely gave out sufficient supplies to teaches and students. Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Latest post on 26 April 2015 - 17:14
Kid's Island is also wonderful. Finding the right nursery for you and your little one can be difficult but there are some good recommendations on this forum and therefore a good place to begin.
Latest post on 26 April 2015 - 11:57
I heard that Inspire at Al Wasl (Near Spinneys) is also good. I heard they are much better than Willow. I like Willow but it's a bit of a drive and I am also a working mum. There's also this Building Blocks in the Motor City. I heard they are also good.
Latest post on 26 April 2015 - 11:55
That's the thing. I need to decide if we should go with Raffles as our seat will only be secured after I pay the registration fees. I heard from our neighbors that they send their kids there and they seem happy with it. Im definitely caught in between. Any thoughts of this Nursery before I proceed with anything? Thanks for your help.
Latest post on 25 April 2015 - 22:00
I can definitely recommend The Children's Garden in Al Barsha - 10 minute drive from Springs
Latest post on 25 April 2015 - 00:56
Did you look at Little GEMS in al Barsha? It's a preschool that take nursery children I believe.. Thanks again
Latest post on 25 April 2015 - 00:54
Thanks for your reply! Shame about Raffles as it's so close. There's also 2 branches of Jebel Ali nursery in the area as far as I can tell? None of them sound ideal judging from your impression... How many nurseries did you see before you decided? We are going out to Dubai next week and will be looking at as many as we can,
Latest post on 23 April 2015 - 12:34
Hi there, I have just had a meeting with the vice principal there in Raffles Town Centre branch and I really didn't like it t especially the Vice Principal, Ms Mansoora. I went there for a second visit to convince myself to enroll my son who's turning 2 next October. (we secured a seat for him). My impression hasn't changed at all from our first visit, i think i'd even dislike it more this time. During our first visit in that nursery, Ms. Mansoora barely gave us information about them. This time I brought a list of questions with me and asked her but she was so impatient to answer and even had that feeling that she doesn't care if I enroll my child or not. We have visited Willows Nursery in Al Wasl and we were quite convinced to enroll our child there. This can be our option if we can secure a seat. It will be quite a drive from Springs but the environment and attitude of the teachers and their assistants are much more pleasant than that with the Raffles Nursery Town Centre. We have checked Jebel Ali Nursery in Meadows Village (it's also quite near from Springs) but the only thing I don't like there is the area. THe nursery area is shared with Fitness First and they don't really have a space they can really have their own as there will be other people (Gym members) walking around with the children but they said they see to it that the children are safe. They need to wear uniforms there for this purpose. Hope our Nursery hunting will be successful in time.

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY