Assessment at Dubai Schools | ExpatWoman.com

Assessment at Dubai Schools

Latest post on 27 March 2015 - 17:55

Hello I am soon to be moving to Dubai after the UK school year finishes in July. I am very concerned regarding the assessments at schools. My two boys will be going into years 4 and 6 and are very different academically. Could I be in the unfortunate situation that one child is accepted and the other not?
I also realise that many schools are already full for 2015/6. Anyone got any advice on schools that will have places and that both are likely to get in?

Thank you

Latest post on 17 April 2015 - 18:59
Thanks Blue413. I did look at Nord Anglia but the fees were a little out of my price range :( although your post has made me a bit more optimistic as I am dreading the possibility of one being accepted and the other not. Still nervous about the move but stories like yours are really making me feel better.
Latest post on 16 April 2015 - 08:40
Hi, we have only just arrived in Dubai and my children started as Nord Anglia on Sunday. I have a 13 year old girl (year 8) with spelling issues and an 8 year old boy (year 4) who although he is bright has average levels in the UK. I don't know whether I was just incredibly lucky but the school accepted them both on the basis of the recommendation forms and grades from their schools in England- they didn't actually have to sit any entrance exam. Good luck with your move, I hope it goes smoothly. It is definitely worth looking at Nord Anglia, I am impressed so far and my children seem happy (but tired!).
Latest post on 29 March 2015 - 14:07
Brilliant, thank you for your help.
Latest post on 28 March 2015 - 21:14
Yes, that is another one of the newer schools and should have places. Not sure if it has a secondary section (from Year 7) or not.
Latest post on 27 March 2015 - 18:57
Thanks how about GEMS First point?
Latest post on 27 March 2015 - 18:45
The newer schools are the ones to target. Safa Community School, Nordanglia, Kings Al Barsha and Hartland(due to open in Sept). I believe Repton may also have spaces in those year groups.

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY