Ladies only gym Motor City | ExpatWoman.com

Ladies only gym Motor City

Latest post on 29 March 2015 - 11:38

Hi,
I know this is a long shot, but does anyone know of a ladies only gym in Motor City? I'm looking for something along the lines of the Dubai Ladies Club, but close to Ranches. Any suggestions appreciated.

Latest post on 30 March 2015 - 18:20
There's Naya in the Carrefour building in Motor City. It is the same concept as Exhale - ladies only yoga and pilates. It's a lovely studio.
Latest post on 30 March 2015 - 14:18
Yep. Just called them. Unfortunately Exhale in Motor City has closed down. Dunno. Anybody got any other suggestions? What's Fitness First like in Motor City? Or Bodyworks? I wish Exhale were still open, they sound pretty good. if you're looking specifically for a ladies only gym, then I wouldn't recommend to join Fitness first motor city. I have a membership with them and have hardly been because whenever i go its mostly men and i feel very intimidated when i go there and try to use any of the weights machines etc. I feel a lot of them are there to show off! So i was only using the treadmill which is a total waste of the money. But I guess it probably depends what time of the day you go too. Early mornings before 7am seemed to be better than evenings. If you can get up and go that early :)
Latest post on 30 March 2015 - 12:32
Yep. Just called them. Unfortunately Exhale in Motor City has closed down. Dunno. Anybody got any other suggestions? What's Fitness First like in Motor City? Or Bodyworks? I wish Exhale were still open, they sound pretty good.
Latest post on 30 March 2015 - 10:00
I thought exhale closed down??? Body worx used to have a ladies exercise room. Mostly cardiovascular machines and they had some ladies only classes. But check with them as it just could have been that no men are joining.
Latest post on 30 March 2015 - 08:44
MrsP, wow, people wandering in and out of classes while they're taking place would really annoy me. I was looking for something along the lines of the Ladies Club. When they shut the door, class closed to late arrivals. I'm going to check out Exhale, if anybody has direct knowledge of them, please let me whether you recommend.
Latest post on 29 March 2015 - 17:24
FF Al Barsha is a "Platinum" club but without the pool :( & it has a dedicated ladies side which is really quite nice. Busy in the mornings & the classes are full of women who seem more interested in their appearance & who has the latest gear than the classes - they stroll in & out as it suits them & the cleaner wanders around during the class too. They also have a mixed side which is much more fitness focussed but has very few mixed classes.
Latest post on 29 March 2015 - 12:32
Hey Sarah, Thanks for both of those recommendations. Sounds promising, I'll check them out, thanks!
Latest post on 29 March 2015 - 12:07
Hi Artemis2, I mentioned a fitness club on here last week that do a few ladies classes and they are located in Al Barsha so not far from motor city as they are straight off Hessa. Im not sure if the timings suit you for the classes though. I was also going to put a post on here as they have asked me what times do they think would be best for mums and babies classes but I have no kids so said to them I would ask on here. Any advice on fitness class timings for mothers out there that have babies? I think FF in Barsha is also ladies only
Latest post on 29 March 2015 - 12:06
Hi Artemis2, I mentioned a fitness club on here last week that do a few ladies classes and they are located in Al Barsha so not far from motor city as they are straight off Hessa. Im not sure if the timings suit you for the classes though. I was also going to put a post on here as they have asked me what times do they think would be best for mums and babies classes but I have no kids so said to them I would ask on here. Any advice on fitness class timings for mothers out there that have babies?
Latest post on 29 March 2015 - 12:05
Exhale I believe www.exhaledubai.com

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY