Suggestions pls - baby refusing bottle and I need to return to work | ExpatWoman.com

Suggestions pls - baby refusing bottle and I need to return to work

Latest post on 29 March 2015 - 11:40

My baby is one week shy of 5 months, and since he was 5 days old, he's always taken a bottle of my EBM. Also, my nanny has been with me since he was a month old and he's always taken the bottle from her once, sometimes twice a day.

As he was such a troublefree baby, I decided this month to go abroad and visit my inlaws and my family and we've been travelling for most of the month - he and I together for the most part, and as he's been with unfamiliar faces, I breastfed him and did not keep up with the bottle feeds as obviously its so much easier for me to feed direct than bother with the hassle of pumping.

Since last week, he decided he didnt want the bottle anymore. But I have to return to work next week so time is now ticking. He has refused from his grandmother, his nanny, and from me. Im not a fan of letting my child cry in hunger, but dont know how else to get him to feed via the bottle again. He is fascinated by the bottle, wants to hold it and will put it in his mouth, but if you tip him back to get milk into the nipple, he turns his nose up and turns away and starts crying. I've used thawed frozen milk and fresh milk and I get the same reaction.

Id really appreciate some more suggestions from the mammas out there pls!

Latest post on 30 March 2015 - 10:38
Actually a faster nipple might be better than a different bottle as he was taking the bottle at one point.
Latest post on 30 March 2015 - 10:21
Try a different bottle brand. One that is made to mimic the actual breast. Hope he learns to adapt. Maybe he's teething and not actually hungry, around 5/6 months they become more difficult to feed as they find distractions everywhere, even when they are hungry. So it could be that too.

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY