Unpacking afer a couple of weeks "back home" | ExpatWoman.com

Unpacking afer a couple of weeks "back home"

Latest post on 29 March 2015 - 14:58

Sure there are mountains of laundry to do (sigh), but there are a few treats too! I managed to max out my baggage allowance after a few shopping trips and have come back with extra clothes, food stuffs I can't easily find here, and makeup.

What do you sneak back to Dubai after a trip home?

Latest post on 30 March 2015 - 15:20
Books and food! The last time I flew out of home I got charged for 1500 AED (around that much) for excess baggage. Flew by Emirates. I thought they weren't that strict. I was so wrong. =/ You may get away with over by 1kg that's about it :cry:
Latest post on 30 March 2015 - 15:12
Books and food! The last time I flew out of home I got charged for 1500 AED (around that much) for excess baggage. Flew by Emirates. I thought they weren't that strict. I was so wrong. =/
Latest post on 30 March 2015 - 13:10
Books! I read quite a lot here but books are so expensive so I tend to pop to the local Tesco and pick up the buy one get one free or books for just a couple of pounds. Clothes is another favourite!
Latest post on 30 March 2015 - 12:41
Not one but two!!?? That's just out of order Sanddy_Dogg :P I will get my order ready Sarahlou - I don't think you will have enough space though, its not just pastries ye know, its the caramel slices too, and their sugar strand doughnuts. Ok, I need to stop talking about this, its 12:40pm and I haven't had my lunch yet... Im sooo hungry!!
Latest post on 30 March 2015 - 12:33
A saveloy with peas pudding, stuffing and dipped :love: Do you also head straight to Greggs when you come out of the terminal at Newcastle Airport GeordieExpat?? Haha!! Its the law! To be honest we very rarely go home. Probably why I'm craving one right now Well after recent events with the husband's mother we both don't want to go back this year either so we aren't! Can seriously do without that rubbish! So I'm in the same boat as you with the Greggs... it will just have to wait...:( I can bring you one back when I go in June. It may be a bit squished tho haha
Latest post on 30 March 2015 - 12:32
I had a saveloy (well two actually) on Thursday :P
Latest post on 30 March 2015 - 11:54
A saveloy with peas pudding, stuffing and dipped :love: Do you also head straight to Greggs when you come out of the terminal at Newcastle Airport GeordieExpat?? Haha!! Its the law! To be honest we very rarely go home. Probably why I'm craving one right now Well after recent events with the husband's mother we both don't want to go back this year either so we aren't! Can seriously do without that rubbish! So I'm in the same boat as you with the Greggs... it will just have to wait...:(
Latest post on 30 March 2015 - 11:47
A saveloy with peas pudding, stuffing and dipped :love: Do you also head straight to Greggs when you come out of the terminal at Newcastle Airport GeordieExpat?? Haha!! Its the law! To be honest we very rarely go home. Probably why I'm craving one right now
Latest post on 30 March 2015 - 11:42
A saveloy with peas pudding, stuffing and dipped :love: Do you also head straight to Greggs when you come out of the terminal at Newcastle Airport GeordieExpat?? Haha!! Its the law!
Latest post on 30 March 2015 - 11:38
I sneak the whole of Primark back into my suitcase! Oh and Maysan curry powder... that stuff is amazing! Razor Blades as they are soo much more expensive here! Apart from the curry powder your contents could be the same of mine. Add half of Superdrug too especially the big bottles of Batiste dry shampoo. :biggrin: Ha well I recommend you try the curry powder its amazing! You can put it in all sorts, risottos not just curries etc! ;) Yeah I generally just stock up on beauty things as my moisturiser is 20pound more here than the UK! I miss Boots, Superdrug and Primark soooo much I will have to try the powder when I am next home I miss Asda, Wilkinsons, Primark, Greggs and Dicksons... I need a saveloy now!! :cry: Definitely miss Greggs and Dicksons - ham and pease pudding stottie :biggrin:
Latest post on 30 March 2015 - 11:36
I sneak the whole of Primark back into my suitcase! Oh and Maysan curry powder... that stuff is amazing! Razor Blades as they are soo much more expensive here! Apart from the curry powder your contents could be the same of mine. Add half of Superdrug too especially the big bottles of Batiste dry shampoo. :biggrin: Ha well I recommend you try the curry powder its amazing! You can put it in all sorts, risottos not just curries etc! ;) Yeah I generally just stock up on beauty things as my moisturiser is 20pound more here than the UK! I miss Boots, Superdrug and Primark soooo much I will have to try the powder when I am next home I miss Asda, Wilkinsons, Primark, Greggs and Dicksons... I need a saveloy now!! :cry:
Latest post on 30 March 2015 - 11:34
I sneak the whole of Primark back into my suitcase! Oh and Maysan curry powder... that stuff is amazing! Razor Blades as they are soo much more expensive here! Apart from the curry powder your contents could be the same of mine. Add half of Superdrug too especially the big bottles of Batiste dry shampoo. :biggrin: Ha well I recommend you try the curry powder its amazing! You can put it in all sorts, risottos not just curries etc! ;) Yeah I generally just stock up on beauty things as my moisturiser is 20pound more here than the UK! I miss Boots, Superdrug and Primark soooo much I will have to try the powder when I am next home
Latest post on 30 March 2015 - 11:31
I sneak the whole of Primark back into my suitcase! Oh and Maysan curry powder... that stuff is amazing! Razor Blades as they are soo much more expensive here! Apart from the curry powder your contents could be the same of mine. Add half of Superdrug too especially the big bottles of Batiste dry shampoo. :biggrin: Ha well I recommend you try the curry powder its amazing! You can put it in all sorts, risottos not just curries etc! ;) Yeah I generally just stock up on beauty things as my moisturiser is 20pound more here than the UK!
Latest post on 30 March 2015 - 11:27
I sneak the whole of Primark back into my suitcase! Oh and Maysan curry powder... that stuff is amazing! Razor Blades as they are soo much more expensive here! Apart from the curry powder your contents could be the same of mine. Add half of Superdrug too especially the big bottles of Batiste dry shampoo. :biggrin:
Latest post on 30 March 2015 - 10:13
I sneak the whole of Primark back into my suitcase! Oh and Maysan curry powder... that stuff is amazing! Razor Blades as they are soo much more expensive here!
Latest post on 30 March 2015 - 10:08
I get a lot of toiletries (toothpaste, lip cream, boxes of bodyform, deo) these products are just not the same here. I've noticed even the same product is just made differently here. I also buy clothing, shoes, candy..
Latest post on 29 March 2015 - 17:21
Some food items, some for the baby, some cooking ingredients. I must confess though, I'm lucky my 'home' is a warm climate most of the year, so only a handful of dresses are required to go home, and the rest of my allowance gets filled with new clothes. The Aussie ladies will understand my visits to Kmart, Big W & Target. I don't even know what I'm looking for when I go, but it's exciting anyway! Ooh, I can't wait, I'm going again in November & Target is my favourite!
Latest post on 29 March 2015 - 15:11
Some food items, some for the baby, some cooking ingredients. I must confess though, I'm lucky my 'home' is a warm climate most of the year, so only a handful of dresses are required to go home, and the rest of my allowance gets filled with new clothes. The Aussie ladies will understand my visits to Kmart, Big W & Target. I don't even know what I'm looking for when I go, but it's exciting anyway!

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY