Stay-in maid | ExpatWoman.com

Stay-in maid

Latest post on 29 March 2015 - 15:52

hi ladies!
I'm considering the option of having a stay-in maid..i don't like the idea very much..however, that would be the best option for me as i need to get a full time job..
So, would u pls. share with me ur experience with stay-in maid? which nationality is best (in terms of cleanliness, care, honesty,...)? what r the procedures for getting a stay-in maid? can i choose from a pool? do u sometimes leave ur kids with them?

thanx in advance

Latest post on 30 March 2015 - 15:21
@lalala : that's new! i didn't know there were British maids here! @Sharoniouz: me 2! i do prefer live-in maids! thanx for the advice! I think/hope she was being sarcastic :biggrin:
Latest post on 30 March 2015 - 14:58
@lalala : that's new! i didn't know there were British maids here! @Sharoniouz: me 2! i do prefer live-in maids! thanx for the advice! edited by rmohamed on 07/04/2015 <em>edited by rmohamed on 07/04/2015</em>
Latest post on 30 March 2015 - 11:28
Lalala: LOL! Rmohamed: I prefer a live-in to a live-out. Have had problems with live-outs regarding theft and missing items. Best experience so far has been with Indonesians & Philipinas (but make sure you clearly lay down your expectations for Philipina's as they tend to get too familiar and can be lazy at times). Steer cleer from Ethiopian maids as we had a runaway (who the police found working in a night club when we reported her disappearance) that was always complaining about misterious body pains... head, stomach, back etc...
Latest post on 30 March 2015 - 09:54
I have an African, "Kenyan" and am very happy though a bit expensive salary-wise but her work is great especially with kids
Latest post on 30 March 2015 - 09:24
Personally I find that all British people are lazy and will steal your valuables so I'd avoid hiring a British maid.