Traffic in JBR in the evenings | ExpatWoman.com

Traffic in JBR in the evenings

Latest post on 01 April 2015 - 14:48
I dont understand why this tram, hardly half-full has a priority over hundreds (if not thousands) of other people in traffic. I've never seen such a privileged tram anywhere in the world.
Latest post on 30 March 2015 - 18:52
I live in the area and I can tell you it's the Tram. I've spent ages watching it and the light sequence is incorrect. Traffic on both sides of the tram doesn't flow at the same time. It should. They also block ALL traffic when the tram is passing by, when some lanes could continue to operate. If the RTA could address this, the problems would go away. I agree - so poorly planned. I wonder why they haven't revisited the project to see what impact it's had on traffic in the area? They have. I speak to the traffic engineers whenever I see them down there. They know what the problems are. Apparently they want to stop people from hitting the tram. So, everyone in the Marina needs to be punished.
Latest post on 30 March 2015 - 15:09
I live in the area and I can tell you it's the Tram. I've spent ages watching it and the light sequence is incorrect. Traffic on both sides of the tram doesn't flow at the same time. It should. They also block ALL traffic when the tram is passing by, when some lanes could continue to operate. If the RTA could address this, the problems would go away. I agree - so poorly planned. I wonder why they haven't revisited the project to see what impact it's had on traffic in the area?
Latest post on 30 March 2015 - 11:04
I live in the area and I can tell you it's the Tram. I've spent ages watching it and the light sequence is incorrect. Traffic on both sides of the tram doesn't flow at the same time. It should. They also block ALL traffic when the tram is passing by, when some lanes could continue to operate. If the RTA could address this, the problems would go away.
Latest post on 29 March 2015 - 17:18
Thank you all. As I feared, what a shame, we'll continue to avoid the area & go elsewhere.
Latest post on 29 March 2015 - 17:12
We tend to park at Nakheel Metro, get the metro a couple of stops and then walk
Latest post on 29 March 2015 - 16:53
It's a nightmare. I came home last night around 1am and told the cabbie to take exit 29 on SZR for JBR but she insisted it would only take 10mins to drive down the Walk... 30 mins later she conceeded defeat. If you can park elsewhere and walk/take the tram, I'd recommend that.
Latest post on 29 March 2015 - 16:34
Avoid in the veining if you can, or another option would be to park at Marina Mall and take the RTA boat across to Promenade, or just walk across the bridge. Sooo much nicer! has the tram caused all the carnage as it never used to be like this
Latest post on 29 March 2015 - 16:34
Avoid in the veining if you can, or another option would be to park at Marina Mall and take the RTA boat across to Promenade, or just walk across the bridge. Sooo much nicer!
Latest post on 29 March 2015 - 16:27
Went to Marina Mall after work last Thursday and the exit off was rammed ( 6pm ) I gave up and turned back To get to JBR during rush hour it is awful too. The far exit off SZR after the Marina Mall was backed up all the way around Avoid
Latest post on 29 March 2015 - 16:06
Residents may be able to tell you differently, but I avoid the place like the plague during morning rush-hour, weekends, and any time after 4.30pm. I've spent many an hour sitting in traffic to get both in and out of Marina/JBR ...

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY