Global village? | ExpatWoman.com

Global village?

Latest post on 31 March 2015 - 19:15
The Thai food, opposite Morocco, is excellent. Global Village closes April 11th.
Latest post on 31 March 2015 - 11:29
Thanks, ladies. we will pop down for a few hours on Friday.
Latest post on 30 March 2015 - 22:53
It's not possible to visit every court and all the events in a day.but its a nice one to visit global village.i suggest 4-10 pm you can spent there.you split it into 3 days and have fun. :)
Latest post on 30 March 2015 - 19:17
When is global village closing this year?
Latest post on 30 March 2015 - 14:16
Its nice to see ... i would say the best time to go is either in the weekend once they open or during the weekdays coz it gets soon busy at night i liked the China pavilion a lot !
Latest post on 30 March 2015 - 14:12
We didn't like it at all... Just like a big outdoor market selling the same stuff... And getting harassed all the time to try and then buy... Also the food options there are poor... Don't let me put you off though... We are all very different and enjoy different things! My first instinct is this! But you only have to visit once to find out if you like it or not. However, I've been tons of times now and always been able to see something different. The food options aren't great but there are some authentic (read-inexpensive!) Indian places and I didn't think the German Doner place was too bad. There's a huge centre area outdoors which most kids love. However, it can get very, very crowded. If you don't like pushy people there's really no need to enter every tent or whatever it's called. But you can find such cool things like painted wooden boxes and things, clothing and groceries from other countries. Not really shopping like in the malls lol. There is also a military artifact place. Overall honestly I'd recommend going just once to check it out!
Latest post on 30 March 2015 - 14:02
I always go at 4pm when it opens and leave around 7pm before it gets really busy. There are crazy amounts of people there on weekend evenings so going early or during the week is easier. I never bother with the pavilions selling stuff, there is loads to do to fill a few hours without buying a thing. There is a military pavilion which is quite interesting, camels to check out, lots of shows on and a big funfair area. We normally watch a couple of shows, go on a few rides, have something to eat and enjoy the people watching. The shows this year are really good and there is a great falafel place. My children love it, I used to dread going but it's improved so much in recent years that I actually quite enjoy going now. It's well worth the 15 dirham entry.
Latest post on 30 March 2015 - 13:05
We didn't like it at all... Just like a big outdoor market selling the same stuff... And getting harassed all the time to try and then buy... Also the food options there are poor... Don't let me put you off though... We are all very different and enjoy different things!
Latest post on 30 March 2015 - 12:44
Hi Rosie, I have been there a few times and taken many guests there too. They have absolutely loved it, its a great place to spend an afternoon. You can buy many things for yourself or as gifts. If you have kids, they have loads of places where they can play. Often they have shows, water fountain and fire works. They open at 4pm until 12 midnight or 1am, i think. Mondays or tuesday they have family days only (not sure which so you will need to check). But overall i would recommend it!!! :) Ok, worth a visit, thanks
Latest post on 30 March 2015 - 12:40
Hi Rosie, I have been there a few times and taken many guests there too. They have absolutely loved it, its a great place to spend an afternoon. You can buy many things for yourself or as gifts. If you have kids, they have loads of places where they can play. Often they have shows, water fountain and fire works. They open at 4pm until 12 midnight or 1am, i think. Mondays or tuesday they have family days only (not sure which so you will need to check). But overall i would recommend it!!! :)
Latest post on 30 March 2015 - 12:30
Is it worth going to global village? if so whats the best time to go?

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY