ASD entrance test | ExpatWoman.com

ASD entrance test

Latest post on 06 April 2015 - 18:18
Thanks expat1983! It sounds reassuring that your son felt confident. Please keep me in the loop if you do hear from them. Are you from one of the organisations that is a sponsor? My husband is with QA so we only get a chance if there are leftover seats. Hope you hear back from ASD soon. Best of luck! :cool:
Latest post on 05 April 2015 - 08:01
My son did it online a month ago and still didn't hear from them about the results. I didn't make any preparation for it but my son (Grade 4) was so confident about doing well in it :)
Latest post on 04 April 2015 - 01:03
Unfortunately, I think every parent in the process of moving to Qatar and finding a good school - and then trying to get their children in - can relate to that feeling. :cry:
Latest post on 03 April 2015 - 21:26
Thanks tulip327! I don't think the kids are nervous at all. Wish I could say the same about me!!
Latest post on 30 March 2015 - 23:50
Hi For that age, they will meet with a councelor and she or he will take them (privately) and have them read, answer questions, have them write and do some math at the grade/group they are currently in. If your kids are attending an American school or an international school and their first language is English, they should do fine on the reading and writing part. If they are at grade/group level in math, they should do fine as well. But if they have any learning difficulties, they might have a problem. The school is looking for 'red flags'. I don't know if your (or your husband's employer) is a sponsor of ASD, but if they are, then you have a very good chance of getting a place for your kids in September. If they aren't, then you should plan to have your children on a wait list for the 2015-16 school year. The assessment isn't something your kids can 'study' for. Don't make them nervous about it. Good luck.
Latest post on 30 March 2015 - 14:21
Hello all! Does anyone have any idea about entrance test for grade 3 and 4 at ASD? What does it include? How tough is it for a child who is fluent in English? Any help will be greatly appreciated :)