Job search advice RAK | ExpatWoman.com

Job search advice RAK

Latest post on 30 March 2015 - 20:38

Hi all. I wonder if anyone could offer me some advice. I have been offered a job in RAK and am really hoping to accept it. The only thing preventing me from doing so is the fact that my boyfriend doesn't have a job lined up. In the UK he is a plumber and gas engineer and I understand that trades are mainly dominated by low paid workers.

He has no qualms about pursuing a career in a different industry but we are struggling to find job listings online (other than the aforementioned types in construction.)

My question is: does anyone have any advice on seeking more professional level employment? Are there any must visit sites or do you know of any companies in RAK that we could look in to?

My potential wage will sustain us so I suppose job seeking on our arrival is a possibility. Is this, 'the way things works,' in RAK i.e will speaking to bosses face to face more productive than emailing?

Any help would be greatly appreciated - apologies for the bombardment of questions!

This forum has been a great help in helping us come to some kind of decision.

Rachel:)

Latest post on 10 June 2015 - 17:47
Hi guys....We live in DXB Sunday through to Wednesday then RAK Thursday and commute down on a Sunday...we love it and so do the kids...pace of life is far much better. There are a lot of Facebook pages you could try....RAK jobs and personalised services is one that may be able to assist!! good luck!
Latest post on 10 June 2015 - 13:50
Following. I'm also looking to relocate to RAK

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY