Lease Time | ExpatWoman.com

Lease Time

Latest post on 31 March 2015 - 07:42

How do lease times work here? I thought it would be a full month, i.e. leases due at end of a month. Our lease shows July 4, does that mean that if we move to a new location, our due date to move out would be July 4 or June 30?

Latest post on 01 April 2015 - 11:36
yes lots of learn very different etc. but remember its a new country still learning much better in a lot of things than a few years ago....
Latest post on 01 April 2015 - 11:02
Lots for me to learn for sure, I don't think it should be run like other places, just saying it is very different from what I am used to, which is the reason for asking how it is done here. As you say, lots of little quirks. :)
Latest post on 01 April 2015 - 10:59
also i dont know why anyone thinks it should run the same way as other places... it doesnt it runs very differently.... many such little quirks!!!
Latest post on 01 April 2015 - 09:57
also i dont know why anyone thinks it should run the same way as other places... it doesnt it runs very differently.... many such little quirks!!!
Latest post on 01 April 2015 - 09:56
also depending on where you are moving out from ie a high rise in town, you need to have a clearance letter before you can get your removal company to take any stuff away.. the watchman will stop it.
Latest post on 01 April 2015 - 06:27
Wow, it sure is different here. In Canada rent is started at the beginning of a month, one month notice, not certain but I think you just settle up with the electric company and has no bearing on when you can move, etc. Only if you buy a house is it done on any given day of the year. Looks like I better be finding a check list of things to do and the order to do it, could be interesting. ;) <em>edited by missush60 on 01/04/2015</em>
Latest post on 31 March 2015 - 22:23
u also have to wait for them to come and check out your place in order to see if you owe them anything from your security etc... it all needs to be worked out.
Latest post on 31 March 2015 - 22:23
yes you will have to pay to overlap... sometimes addc will allow you to open up a new account but not always... so you may have to cancel the old one in order to "shift" it to new property. leases here are done on the date so they are all different... this is no different to the uk... never have i heard about beg of month etc... landlords dont care on the dates of the month.. .its not like they need the pay check each end of month etc.
Latest post on 31 March 2015 - 16:20
So I guess then we should pick a date 7-10 days overlap so that everything can be done and I have a place to live while I am waiting for the certification and whatever else needs to be changed.
Latest post on 31 March 2015 - 15:57
Yes, I know they are for a year. I think you answered my question with saying we need to move out on the 3rd. I am used to leases that are for a year but start on the 1st of a month and end at the last day of a month, not somewhere during the month, whenever it is signed. I guess I learned something new on this. That must be rather confusing for landlords to keep it all straight if everyone has a different begin and finish date all during the months. Oh well......... This brings another question though, is there a period where you can transition into the new house i.e. Would I be able to move into a new place, say late June in order to get the addc or would I need to go to a hotel while I wait for the certificate? I assume I must need the addc certificate before I can move into a new place? Leases are dependant upon when you actually move in. My current one is dated 1st of the month but my next place will probably be around the 25th of the month. People move in at different days of the month therefore the date will show the move in date I cant help with the addc cert tho sorry
Latest post on 31 March 2015 - 15:53
Yes, I know they are for a year. I think you answered my question with saying we need to move out on the 3rd. I am used to leases that are for a year but start on the 1st of a month and end at the last day of a month, not somewhere during the month, whenever it is signed. I guess I learned something new on this. That must be rather confusing for landlords to keep it all straight if everyone has a different begin and finish date all during the months. Oh well......... This brings another question though, is there a period where you can transition into the new house i.e. Would I be able to move into a new place, say late June in order to get the addc or would I need to go to a hotel while I wait for the certificate? I assume I must need the addc certificate before I can move into a new place?
Latest post on 31 March 2015 - 13:47
what? you know that leases are for a year... if you mean was your lease renewal on 4th july.... usually means then you have 12 months from that date 2014 and you would need to vacate by 3rd july 2015. normally you need to vacate earlier as you need to show an addc certification which can take a week or so to get and they will not do that until you have vacated the property as you need to stop using the utilities etc.. then you have to give notice to etilsat etc etc. not really quite sure of your question.... as its not done on a monthly lease....