Abaya for Umrah - where to get one? | ExpatWoman.com

Abaya for Umrah - where to get one?

Latest post on 03 April 2015 - 13:03
Thank you ladies! Especially for the extra tips regarding style and fabric :) have never worn an abaya before so all your feedback will definitely come in handy :)
Latest post on 02 April 2015 - 11:37
If you just want it for umrah and want soemthing reasonable then i suggest naïf souk but the parking is a nightmare...so better take a cab... !
Latest post on 02 April 2015 - 09:08
There's also a HUGE market in Deira called Souq Al Wasl (parking is horrible so take a cab!). They have a wide range of scarves etc too If you want something easier to access, the Union Coop next to Safa used to have a abaya shop upstairs which might still be open. Design-wise I recommend: - Get a front closed abaya so you're not worried about it flying open when you're walking, and you can wear comfy track pants underneath with a light t-shirt - Buy 2 abays at least because they will start stinking and doing laundry is not easy when travelling - Get a scarf thats one piece (like a tent) that you just slip on, instead of the long rectangle that you wrap around. Though not very fashionable, these tent type scarves are great for no-hassle so you dont have to worry about it slipping open in prayer, and they grip well. The scarves look like this: http://zaharah.com/images/koleksiplenajhs.jpg - Buy a scarf in a colour (blue, green, nothing too neon) so your busband can find you easily! Ladies pray in a seperate section there, and usually after prayers all the women get up together so it will be easy for him to spot you in your coloured scarf :) Enjoy your umrah, hope it's a beneficial experience for you inshaAllah! <em>edited by sourskittleashnut on 02/04/2015</em>
Latest post on 02 April 2015 - 09:00
Haseff, you kind find reasonably priced abayas in Satwa. There are a number of stores that specialize in them, and some of them you will seemingly find over 100's to chose from. Remember to haggle the price. If you have the time or inclination, there is the Abu Hail Center up by Al Mulla Plaza that probably over 15 shops alone. My recommendation is to pick an Abaya this not too fussy and extremely comfortable and easy. Umrah can be very busy and crowded -- dress for comfort. Congratulations on your trip. I pray Allah makes it easy for you.
Latest post on 01 April 2015 - 16:53
Really hope someone will help me out on this. Have never worn/ bought abaya, now need to because hubby and me are planning our first umrah. Would really appreciate suggestions on where's the best place to get one. Thanks!

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY