Batten down the hatches!! | ExpatWoman.com

Batten down the hatches!!

Latest post on 02 April 2015 - 07:16

http://gulfnews.com/news/uae/weather/dust-storm-in-saudi-arabia-seen-hea...

Outside it is totally yellow!

:confused:
<em>edited by CouchPotato on 02/04/2015</em>

Latest post on 02 April 2015 - 16:48
What gets me is the number of people I see walking to their cars and as soon as they get in and start the engine, the next thing they do is get on the phone!!! :angry: And I hate to say this but majority of them are woman. Why can't they have their conversations on the way to the car? :thinking: edited by Geordie expat on 02/04/2015 The fines need to be bigger AED200 isn't a lot and you have a year to pay it plus they see everyone else do it so they do. :-( Yep I agree, harsher penalties are needed. I imagine everyone will have been taking pics while driving of the sandstorm...
Latest post on 02 April 2015 - 16:30
I was appalled to see how EXTRA dangerously people were driving today on SZR. I dont understand the logic. "Its a sandstorm... lets go and drive even more stupidly than we usually do..." :confused:
Latest post on 02 April 2015 - 16:12
Home early and battening down hatches. Today was utter mayhem. Mission Impossible describes it perfectly - totally eerie and deserted everywhere. It felt like the end of the world! &lt;dramatic&gt; Armageddon was a word that my colleague used
Latest post on 02 April 2015 - 15:14
Home early and battening down hatches. Today was utter mayhem. Mission Impossible describes it perfectly - totally eerie and deserted everywhere. It felt like the end of the world! &lt;dramatic&gt;
Latest post on 02 April 2015 - 14:33
[i'>There was a guy in a 4 X 4 blocking the fast lane this morning doing around 80, I have drove past him he was busily texting!!!![/i'> Sarah, yep, it's bonkers. Saw a guy on Um Suqueim Road this morning holding up a phone and gawping into it, whilst visibility was barely beyond the bumper..... what is wrong with these fools? There's the people doing twice the speed limit in the left lane and to cap it all, the muppets doing half the speed limit in the middle lane because they're sending a text........ Barking. Mad. If I hadn't of been driving or had a passenger with me I would of reported him. It seems to be getting worse with the texters
Latest post on 02 April 2015 - 14:32
Did you see him at Redfest? He was so good. It seems to be lifting and the view is clearer from my window Yep, Redfest. Was so impressed. Fingers crossed the sand continues to lift! I can see the coastline now. Half an hour ago I couldn't see the building across the road :)
Latest post on 02 April 2015 - 14:22
Looking loads better at my place too!
Latest post on 02 April 2015 - 14:20
Did you see him at Redfest? He was so good. It seems to be lifting and the view is clearer from my window Yep, Redfest. Was so impressed. Fingers crossed the sand continues to lift!
Latest post on 02 April 2015 - 14:13
It's getting yellower by the minute and all I can taste is sand. Yuck, better try to mask it with chocolate :) Not good for John Newman tonight at d3, hope it still goes ahead. He was amazing last time he played here. Did you see him at Redfest? He was so good. It seems to be lifting and the view is clearer from my window
Latest post on 02 April 2015 - 14:13
[i'>There was a guy in a 4 X 4 blocking the fast lane this morning doing around 80, I have drove past him he was busily texting!!!![/i'> Sarah, yep, it's bonkers. Saw a guy on Um Suqueim Road this morning holding up a phone and gawping into it, whilst visibility was barely beyond the bumper..... what is wrong with these fools? There's the people doing twice the speed limit in the left lane and to cap it all, the muppets doing half the speed limit in the middle lane because they're sending a text........ Barking. Mad.
Latest post on 02 April 2015 - 13:53
It's getting yellower by the minute and all I can taste is sand. Yuck, better try to mask it with chocolate :) Not good for John Newman tonight at d3, hope it still goes ahead. He was amazing last time he played here.
Latest post on 02 April 2015 - 12:42
I wonder how many actually get caught though?
Latest post on 02 April 2015 - 12:42
In the article this morning Gulf News recommened driving with your hazard lights on, I'm glad to see its been removed from the article.
Latest post on 02 April 2015 - 12:40
What gets me is the number of people I see walking to their cars and as soon as they get in and start the engine, the next thing they do is get on the phone!!! :angry: And I hate to say this but majority of them are woman. Why can't they have their conversations on the way to the car? :thinking: edited by Geordie expat on 02/04/2015 The fines need to be bigger AED200 isn't a lot and you have a year to pay it plus they see everyone else do it so they do. :-(
Latest post on 02 April 2015 - 12:36
What gets me is the number of people I see walking to their cars and as soon as they get in and start the engine, the next thing they do is get on the phone!!! :angry: And I hate to say this but majority of them are woman. Why can't they have their conversations on the way to the car? :thinking: <em>edited by Geordie expat on 02/04/2015</em>
Latest post on 02 April 2015 - 12:33
I love the fact that they'e advising people to use headsets or speakers while on the phone!!! Just stop them using phones in cars full stop I agree, There was a guy in a 4 X 4 blocking the fast lane this morning doing around 80, I have drove past him he was busily texting!!!!
Latest post on 02 April 2015 - 12:21
I love the fact that they'e advising people to use headsets or speakers while on the phone!!! Just stop them using phones in cars full stop
Latest post on 02 April 2015 - 12:17
Why do they say "sandstorm causes accidents" when it's bad driving that causes it. Tsk. http://gulfnews.com/news/uae/emergencies/sandstorm-causes-accident-on-dubai-road-1.1484081 Its the same when it is foggy or raining. Go figure :)
Latest post on 02 April 2015 - 11:45
Some of my laundry got really wet yesterday ( long story). Was planning to wash it today but now can't. I shiver at the though of what it will be smelling like by tomorrow... Seriously thinking about doing it and leting it dry inside the house... :confused:
Latest post on 02 April 2015 - 11:41
Dust seems to somehow find its way into my house whether I leave something open or not... dust storms are a daymare :cry:
Latest post on 02 April 2015 - 11:23
There's still a few people walking around and cars zooming down Sheikh Zayed and it was an immense mistake to have left my door open on balcony ?
Latest post on 02 April 2015 - 09:39
Its orange now....its like the mission impossible movie!

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY