Cancelling residence visa, help?! | ExpatWoman.com

Cancelling residence visa, help?!

Latest post on 02 April 2015 - 13:18

Hi ladies
My husband has lost his job and we need to leave dubai asap. The company does not have a pro or much knowledge about the processes here so we are trying to be proactive. I'm under the impression we have to cancel my visa before hubby's visa can be cancelled. Does anyone know how I do this and the sort of timescales?
Many thanks

Latest post on 02 April 2015 - 20:18
In case of family, which is usually sponsored by either of the parent. Before parent can cancel their visa, dependent must be cancelled or in case of another job offer, put on hold with a deposit of AED 5000. This ho;d is valid for 1 month and sponsoring parent must get his/her visa stamped on [passport in 30 days. This way no need to cancel dependent visa. HTH.
Latest post on 02 April 2015 - 16:55
PS just FYI, a PRO from an outside company can not help you with some freezone submissions/dealings, including DMCC. If you need any more info just shout.
Latest post on 02 April 2015 - 16:45
Puddle, with some freezones including DMCC, the process is that the application to cancel DH's visa must be made online by the company. This may be the PRO or the manager of the company depending on how big the company is. This online submission includes various paperwork such as the employee's final payment calculation (signed/stamped by management) and the resignation/termination letter. The application is then approved by the Freezone Authority (1-2 days) and following this, the passport is submitted for cancellation. The submission must be done jointly by the employee and the company. It is returned by courier to the company and can take anything from 1 day to 10 days, it really depends how busy immigration are. in short, your visa can be done by DH (you don't need to go) in 5 minutes, but DH's visa could take anywhere from 3 days to 2 weeks - depending on how quickly the company actually want to do it, and how busy Immigration are. HTH.
Latest post on 02 April 2015 - 16:36
Thanks all really helpful. Does anyone have any experience with how long dmcc take? Buddha good luck with your situation, hope it all works out x
Latest post on 02 April 2015 - 16:27
Who knows......plus he says I am wrong... Not a lot I can do but I would like mine cancelled as well... Sorry for what sounds like an awful situation, but he may only realise you were right, when none of you can get back into the country. A guy who used to work with my DH thought he was being clever as he wanted to leave his job and go back home, but didn't want to work his notice. He left supposedly on holiday and never came back. He didnlt believe anyone either about this and when he tried to come back for a holiday he was turned away.
Latest post on 02 April 2015 - 16:23
Who knows......plus he says I am wrong... Not a lot I can do but I would like mine cancelled as well...
Latest post on 02 April 2015 - 16:15
Their Dad is refusing to cancel them... Is he aware that is they don't come back and the visa is cancelled automatically, they will not be allowed back here again, even to transit through
Latest post on 02 April 2015 - 16:13
Their Dad is refusing to cancel them...
Latest post on 02 April 2015 - 16:11
Thanks. So , if I take kids back to UK but they want to come out to Dubai to see their Dad does he either have to cancel their residency or do they have to come back within six months. Tks If I was you I would cancel their residency just in case you can't make it back within the six months and especially if you won't actually be living here anymore. They can always come back on visit / tourist visas
Latest post on 02 April 2015 - 16:10
Thanks. So , if I take kids back to UK but they want to come out to Dubai to see their Dad does he either have to cancel their residency or do they have to come back within six months. Tks They will get a visit visa on re entry if visas are cancelled before you leave Dubai
Latest post on 02 April 2015 - 16:09
Thanks. So , if I take kids back to UK but they want to come out to Dubai to see their Dad does he either have to cancel their residency or do they have to come back within six months. Tks
Latest post on 02 April 2015 - 15:12
Budda, after 6 months you are classed as having absconded, which then means problems on your next entry to UAE, whether or not you mean to land here. Puddle, the procedure is that DH has to cancel your visa first. Very easy and just means a trip to Immigration with you (and any DCs) passports and ID cards, and also his. Then, he needs to cancel his. Procedure will have different timescales depending on where his employer is (freezone/etc). At the time of cancelling he will sign to say he has received his EOS benefit, and his employer will also have to sign/stamp this. Once submitted this can take anything from 5 minutes to 10 days depending on freezone/not. HTH?
Latest post on 02 April 2015 - 15:12
They are automatically cancelled after 6 months if you don't re enter the country
Latest post on 02 April 2015 - 14:58
Can I ask what happens if visas are not cancelled on leaving Dubai.
Latest post on 02 April 2015 - 14:20
Thanks sarahlou we did mine ourselves and the admin person in the company went with hubby to get his! Can I ask was that the same timescale for employment visa cancellation? Thanks Yes if you have a PRO then it is faster ( Ours were done in a day) but my candidates have taken anything up to a week Government office on the link and they will help you. I don't know their opening hours though
Latest post on 02 April 2015 - 13:30
Thanks sarahlou we did mine ourselves and the admin person in the company went with hubby to get his! Can I ask was that the same timescale for employment visa cancellation? Thanks
Latest post on 02 April 2015 - 13:21
http://www.dnrd.ae/en/Services/ServicesGuide/Pages/ResidentPage.aspx?AudianceID=3 When our employees have had theirs done it has taken anything from 24 hours to a week May I ask who did your Husbands and family visas when you came here? <em>edited by sarahlou123 on 02/04/2015</em>

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY