Gym what to wear?? | ExpatWoman.com

Gym what to wear??

Latest post on 11 April 2015 - 02:55

Hello all
I'm new on here. About to move to Doha in June. I'm a very physically active person as I do Triathlons. My question is what do you wear when going to the gym, running on the street etc. Is it ok to wear sports leggings and a singlet? Please help!!!

Latest post on 14 April 2021 - 11:16
singlet with jogger or leggings will be the perfect combination for gym or sports, I also use this https://www.ustradeent.com/ladies-vertical-singlet-295970.html
Latest post on 13 April 2015 - 08:19
I run most days and my own rule of that if I wear a loose top I wear tights and if I wear a more fitted top I wear looser bottoms but that probably says more about my own paranoia with my jiggly bits than anything else! I run on the road around the Al Waab area or Aspire. I don't think I have seen any women in shorts apart from at the gym. At Aspire I see lots fo people running in singlets -men and women. It's a really ncie place to run - bouncy paths, no cars etc. Running on the road you tend to attract a bit more attention so I would probably go for a short sleeve top. I take my hat off to you doing triathlons - it looks like madness to me ;)
Latest post on 12 April 2015 - 23:46
I think given respect for local culture, singlets, off compound on streets are not the best. The most likely thing is unwanted attention. I ran on the streets in below knee capris and t shirt, and felt OK - the pants a little tight really to be respectful. Also worth to note, Qatar is not big on pavements, the sides of roads are either non existent, or dusty rubble. The Corniche is great for running, also Pearl. Round where I live, its really not easy. I tend to run laps around the compound, but it was 28'c at 7pm last week, and getting ever hotter. Outdoor running sensibly is a Nov - March thing. You need to be on top of your fluid needs, and can feel quite odd afterwards! Mostly running goes indoors over the summer.
Latest post on 12 April 2015 - 16:37
Thank you Ladies! My husband is actually already their and I did ask him. He said he saw some women In tights and singlets Running outside, Haha I Knew he wasn't Going to give me The same answer a woman would! Thank you ?
Latest post on 12 April 2015 - 16:37
Thank you Ladies! My husband is actually already their and I did ask him. He said he saw some women In tights and singlets Running outside, Haha I Knew he wasn't Going to give me The same answer a woman would! Thank you ?
Latest post on 12 April 2015 - 00:19
There are a couple of Doha-based running groups on FB. Doha Bay Running Club is only open to people who are already here, but there's is also a group called TriClub Doha. In general women who run outside don't wear tank tops -- they tend to wear short sleeves. And running capris that are knee length at least. There are definitely some triathelets in the Running Club, and quite a few who train year-round. <em>edited by RachelA on 12/04/2015</em>
Latest post on 11 April 2015 - 15:16
If you live on a compound, usually there is a gym and you can wear what you want. However, it will be mixed male/female, so if you feel comfortable wearing a 'singlet' and don't mind maybe some extra attention from grounds workers or even other men from parts of the world where women dress more conservatively, then you can wear what you want. But, it's totally normal to see women in compound gyms in shorts and a tank-like top, working out. If you join a gym, some will have 'ladies time' (there are also women's only gyms) and you can wear what you want without worrying about unwanted attention. If you're moving to Doha in June, then I don't think you will be running/exercising outdoors for quite a while. It's extremely hot, humid and unhealthy to do anything active outdoors. Even for highly trained athletes.
Latest post on 11 April 2015 - 09:34
If you enroll in a gym, they will tell you what it is admitted. There are gyms that have ladies only time. in general, a long t-shirt with short sleeves and leggings that cover the knees are admitted in gyms. outside, long leggings and nothing tight and revealing.