Hiring a Kenyan maid | ExpatWoman.com

Hiring a Kenyan maid

Latest post on 11 April 2015 - 21:05

We have found a new maid who we love but she is Kenyan. She is here on a tourist visa and we thought it would simply a case of applying for the employment visa, doing the Oman run and then doing the normal residency visa.

However, we have heard rumours that the Oman run is no longer possible. So to anyone who has recently employed a Kenyan maid please could you advise how you did it? Did you have to buy an air ticket? or could you drive over to Hatta?

Thanks in advance :)

Latest post on 21 April 2015 - 17:19
I am also looking at the process for a south african maid, so if you get any info tips or advice on the process please let me know! Thank you. Will be following this thread!
Latest post on 12 April 2015 - 12:28
Try to get another nationality. They are known to be sweet and nice before hiring. Lazy and moody after being hired. Not worth the hassle. You will end up being her maid in the end. I think it depends, I have so many friends with Kenyan maids and I have never heard such complains,
Latest post on 12 April 2015 - 11:57
Try to get another nationality. They are known to be sweet and nice before hiring. Lazy and moody after being hired. Not worth the hassle. You will end up being her maid in the end.
Latest post on 12 April 2015 - 07:48
Oman run is possible, but only for nationalities that get visa on arrival. Kenya is not one of these countries. You can hire a Kenyan maid, but if she is on a tourist visa she will have to exit in order for her to change her status. This can be done via Kish. If you have never done this before (processing a visa for maid) you should look into a company or a good typing center that can guide you on the steps that will need to be done. Hope this was helpful. Cheers. <em>edited by mpp_jl on 12/04/2015</em>

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY