whats the average maids salary now? | ExpatWoman.com

whats the average maids salary now?

Latest post on 03 June 2015 - 22:25
It really depends on nationality (even if it's not fair) and experience. A good maid who can communicate well with your family and has a good work ethic is worth paying at a reasonable salary to begin (why not close to the minimum for the first year until you get to know them?) and then should be given a generous uplift when appropriate. It is worth doing for the RIGHT person for your family. At the end of the day you want to retain someone who is adding to the quality of life in your home for your family. We have a maid now who needs to leave for personal reasons and I would gladly have paid her well over the average to keep her here if it was possible to convince her not to get married ;)
Latest post on 24 May 2015 - 12:46
My husband and I (both from the UK) usually work 6 days a week (not in construction I might add) Our Maid works 6 days a week She Get 2200 a month plus unlimited phone, internet, her own TV and OSN, 2 holidays a year home and at least one with us which she does not work although just does assist sometimes She tells me that she is the best looked after maid that she knows and I have even had her friends ask me from employment so I do not think 2 days off and AED 2500 is "the norm"
Latest post on 24 May 2015 - 10:49
2500/month, visa expenses, annual flight. Five days a week. And yes, everyone we know works five day weeks except for a handful in construction. It's rare in western circles to be doing six day weeks. She works nine hours a day Sunday - Thursday. She also does the periodic babysitting on weekends, for which we pay her extra. It's agreed that it's non-negotiable if we want her to babysit weekend but it doesn't happen often and we always give her plenty of advance notice.
Latest post on 19 May 2015 - 12:53
Your "spoiled" is my fair treatment but for sure it is just my personal opinion and don't mean to attack you. I have lived in UAE for 15 years and seen a big change over the years re the weekends etc but yes lets just agree to disagree :) Everyone will do what they feel is right for their household.
Latest post on 19 May 2015 - 10:11
I would strongly disagree about your comments on the 2 day weekend. I do not know anyone in my large circle of contacts in Dubai who don't have 2 days off. These are people who work in both local and MNCs. The exception would be people who work in retail and hospitality don't have the standard weekend specific days off. Maybe its different in your circle of friends...... And of course some people choose to catch up on some emails/paperwork on a Saturday morning but in reality the majority of people are off Friday and Saturday. This has nothing to do with 'your circle of "contacts"' or 'my circle of friend', so lets not make it personal. This is purely a Labor Law statement. As mentioned in the other post about maids, only government/semi-government are required to give their staff 2 days off. Private businesses and domestic workers only get 1 day.This also applies to public holidays -- private businesses, maid services etc.. often dont get to enjoy the days off that the government businesses do based on the declarations of the government as each holiday nears. I have yet to find a family with a live-in maid in Abu Dhabi who gives their maid 2 days off... I guess maids are more spoiled in Dubai. We may have to agree to disagree.
Latest post on 19 May 2015 - 09:54
Two days off is certainly not excessive if you have someone working from early morning (7am) until parents are home from work in the evening(6pm) and taking care of house, cleaning, laundry, cooking, pets, childcare after school etc. That is a 60 hour week already over 5 days| and then you may ask them to babysit one evening in the week or one weekend evening which adds another few hours. People need a rest to function effectively. Also, the weekend is family time. You need the quality time with your children after a busy working week. Your helper needs proper off time with her friends and family. I would strongly disagree about your comments on the 2 day weekend. I do not know anyone in my large circle of contacts in Dubai who don't have 2 days off. These are people who work in both local and MNCs. The exception would be people who work in retail and hospitality don't have the standard weekend specific days off. Maybe its different in your circle of friends...... And of course some people choose to catch up on some emails/paperwork on a Saturday morning but in reality the majority of people are off Friday and Saturday. Re the salary - 1500 is the MINIMUM. That doesn't mean it is a fair wage for the time and effort required. Each employer should pay what they feel is fair and reasonable based on the hours and duties required.
Latest post on 18 May 2015 - 15:45
am i being cheap at 2000 plus benefits, and the normal visa, ticket home yearly, weekly off etc.. No, you are not being cheap! The minimum salary according to the governement is 1500, anything more than that is at your discretion. I personally think 2500 is overpriced for someone who only cleans and does laundry. If they are taking care of your kids and helping cook as well, then yes, you may want to pay a bit more.. or at least tip. 2 days off is exorbant and most people who work at other jobs in even the most prestegious companies don't have that luxury!
Latest post on 18 May 2015 - 11:43
2000 is okay if she has 2 days off and you buy her food toiletries etc But I think 2500 is more of the going rate.
Latest post on 22 April 2015 - 00:24
Hi Touimi I thing you are paying good money including all the benefits you listed..
Latest post on 21 April 2015 - 23:24
Well, now a days due to the ban, you won't find one hence an artificial hike has occurred. Since June 2014, no more they will be allowed to travel from Philippines with a Maid Visa.
Latest post on 12 April 2015 - 18:24
can anyone please tell me what the going rate for a filipino live in house maid is these days? Are others really paying 2500 and more? am i being cheap at 2000 plus benefits, and the normal visa, ticket home yearly, weekly off etc..

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY