Trip to Doha | ExpatWoman.com

Trip to Doha

Latest post on 02 May 2015 - 16:50
Or if there any1 who could help me about the assessment for year 1 thanks
Latest post on 02 May 2015 - 16:48
Hi expat1983,my son will go to doha college assessment for 1 after 10 days can u plz provide me any info that could help me?thanks alot
Latest post on 14 April 2015 - 16:35
Expat1983, I just came back from Qatar after a visit with the schools as well. I don't know what grades you are looking to apply for, but Doha British School Wakra campus had some vacancies last I spoke to them. It is still a bit of a distance from Westbay, but maybe another option for you?
Latest post on 14 April 2015 - 11:35
Before you go through the headache of attesting everything, check with GEMS or any school you've applied to as to whether it's needed. The SEC has recently changed it's directives to make it a bit easier for children to attend school in Qatar and I think that attestation of school report cards/tests/etc. is no longer needed. http://dohanews.co/qatar-education-council-to-relax-enrollment-rules-for-private-schools/
Latest post on 13 April 2015 - 22:41
Make sure you attest everything,, all school reports, test scores, everything! GEMS is a new school that's why they still have spots available. Generally, it is hard to find a spot in schools here, and no matter where you live, you are likely to spend about 2 hours on the road for schools. All the best!
Latest post on 13 April 2015 - 20:21
Thanks for your response!
Latest post on 12 April 2015 - 20:26
Were your kids wait-listed anywhere? I think a lot of schools are going through the applications now and awarding spots... it's possible that as some parents accept spots for their kids, new spots will open, kids will move around to different schools, etc. If your child (or children) are on wait lists, they may still get a spot for September. If you have your heart set on moving to Qatar with your husband, you might just want to snag that GEMS spot and keep your child or children on the other schools' wait lists and move them to a closer school later on. You husband can certainly set up appointments to meet with the admissions of different schools (the ones you applied to) and see if he can push a bit.. but I think by the beginning of May most schools have their September classes decided. Good luck. You certainly aren't the only family to experience this awful process.
Latest post on 12 April 2015 - 19:36
Dear all, We are moving to Doha in August but we are still struggling with kids schooling. We applied at 7 schools but got acceptance only from GMES, which we discovered later that it is far from West bay where we will live. My husband decided to make it to Doha next month to see if his being there will help with the school issue. What would you recommend him to do in this short visit? PLEASE ADVICE!!