Insurers not going to cover pregnancy!!! | ExpatWoman.com

Insurers not going to cover pregnancy!!!

Latest post on 14 April 2016 - 17:50
They would have to prove that you knew that you were pregnant, I would think? If you were considerably along (like 4 months) then perhaps they would have a case to argue, even if you had no symptoms. At that point it is "reasonable" that you would have known. Still debatable however. Let's say that I am asked if I have a pre-existing condition (heart failure, or diabetes, for example). I have no idea that I have such a condition and answer "no" but it turns out that I DO have this condition which is discovered for the first time after coverage starts. I would think it would need to be shown I had been previously treated for or had been made aware that I had this condition before I applied.. Bottom Line: How can you disclose something for which you have no knowledge?
Latest post on 14 April 2016 - 10:41
Hi KNKL, I have the same case of you, I would highly appreciate if you can tell us what was the outcome with your insurance? is the insurance company still covers you? Thanks.. :)
Latest post on 19 April 2015 - 09:49
Oh my..following with interest as I am newly pregnant and due to a change in employment circumstances currently have no insurance..I have been ringing around for quotes but only with companies that offer pregnancy coverage from day 1! Did not think this would be an issue :confused:
Latest post on 18 April 2015 - 20:40
what insurer do you have? this is absolutely not right at all... i was previously with AXA who had a 12 month waiting period where you had to wait before you could claim pregnancy coverage. i was pregnant during the time and had to fund my visits out of pocket. when it came time to renew in feb 2015, i got a notice that ALL plans would not be required by law by the DHA as of jan 2015 to provide full pregnancy coverage from day 1. naturally the premium also went up, but they cannot deny you coverage !!! when is your plan valid from/until?
Latest post on 12 April 2015 - 21:21
Hi All, After joining an insurance scheme, which includes maternity cover with no waiting periods (standard, couldn't not select it as insurers have to cover maternity these days), discover I am pregnant!!! TOTAL Shock!!! No idea, as cycle all over the place since number 3 and absolutely no symptoms. When I completed the application I answered no to the question. 'Are you pregnant?' Finally get around to lodging my claim last week only for the Insurers to say they won't cover the pregnancy because I was pregnant when I completed the application and didn't declare the pre-existing condition. Absolutely true but I didn't know!!! I have lodged an appeal which they will investigate but wanted to know if anyone has been in a similar situation and what was the outcome?? Thanks for the advice.

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY