Best adult brunch | ExpatWoman.com

Best adult brunch

Latest post on 13 April 2015 - 10:32

Looking for opinions on the best adults champagne brunch in Dubai....Traiteur, Imperium at Zabeel, Prime 68, Ivy.....any more???
Looking for a lively atmosphere. Obviously fab food and drink options. Prefer few or no kids. Plus a bonus would be a bar close by for drinks/chat post brunch.
Thanks

Latest post on 01 June 2016 - 11:51
Palace, hardly any children and the ones that are there are quiet and well behavd
Latest post on 30 May 2016 - 10:05
Hubs and I went to Pierchic on Friday. If you love fish and seafood, then I'd thoroughly recommend it. Stunning setting of course, but also great music, excellent service and very nice indeed.
Latest post on 30 May 2016 - 09:06
Why are so many old threads being dug up ? I dug this one up for a good suggestion of a sophisticated adults brunch.
Latest post on 30 May 2016 - 00:35
Why are so many old threads being dug up ?
Latest post on 29 May 2016 - 19:24
China Grill in the Westin.
Latest post on 29 May 2016 - 16:30
The Ivy
Latest post on 26 May 2016 - 12:55
Bump.
Latest post on 23 April 2015 - 09:11
Bubbalicious is fantastic if you're willing to spend a bit more than normal -- and it's a great mix of every food and drink and kind of person you can think of! Great for the party goers, and great for families too! If you're not too fussed for just bubbly, JLT's McGettigan's do brunch for 200 from 12-4, and then for an additional 150 you can drink all you like from 4 until 9. Mess comes to mind! Check out Beachcombers too?
Latest post on 22 April 2015 - 19:34
As mentioned earlier, Zuma is top class. Saffron has the biggest selection available in town! Both are outstanding. I think also Asia Asia in Pier 7 (its quite new) is nice. We had dinner there, but the food is outstanding.
Latest post on 15 April 2015 - 16:24
When you mean adult, do you mean sophisticated or boozy. If the first: definitely Ewaan at The Palace Downtown. Great food, great atmosphere, no excessive drinking and usually only a few, well behaved children.
Latest post on 15 April 2015 - 16:21
The Palace Hotel. Amazing food such as lobster, foie gras, oysters etc. The location is great, you can experience the Arabic luxury with a glass of wine in front of the Burj Khalifa. Also an important thing is that you do not find groups full of drunk people.
Latest post on 14 April 2015 - 18:20
Mint Leaf of London, a grown up kinda brunch. Ah, I love going to Mint Leaf in the evenings, but it's often pretty dead (I truly hope it doesn't close, it's delicious and I love sitting at the bar), which is a shame. I've been tempted by the brunch, but worried the place might be quite empty and lacking atmosphere (judging by the evenings). How did you find it in that regard? I find it gets busier in the evenings from 9pm. The brunch is quite steady.
Latest post on 14 April 2015 - 17:01
Mint Leaf of London, a grown up kinda brunch. Ah, I love going to Mint Leaf in the evenings, but it's often pretty dead (I truly hope it doesn't close, it's delicious and I love sitting at the bar), which is a shame. I've been tempted by the brunch, but worried the place might be quite empty and lacking atmosphere (judging by the evenings). How did you find it in that regard?
Latest post on 14 April 2015 - 11:54
Mint Leaf of London, a grown up kinda brunch.
Latest post on 13 April 2015 - 21:17
Love Gaucho for an adult brunch, can graze for hours. Table 9 Qbara used to do one, think them like Zuma will be back in the summer
Latest post on 13 April 2015 - 19:17
I really liked Imperium at Zabeel Saray. Food well worth eating and the atmosphere is buzzzing but not outrageous. It's indoor, and I believe it is the Jazz brunch which is the outdoor area, grill stations, and live music. There were not many children there. There are bars next door like Voda for after drinks. Not that I have been to many, but the One and Only brunch was by far my most favorite--except we went in July and it was dead! I didn't know the O&O did a brunch, which restaurant is it in? I'd love to hear more about that one. For the OP, The Ivy's a great brunch (in my humble opinion) and The Rib Room at Zabeel Saray have just started one which has a nice atmosphere. ha, I just had to look through 3 year old photos to find the surroundings to make sure :) what a laugh! OK it was actually at the One & Only Royal Mirage, in the Rotisserie restaurant. Wonder if it is still going on, can't see on the website. The setting was quaint, but not grand like the entrance and surroundings on the way in. I just remember really feeling cozy and loving the food and the views outside. Our alcohol was purchased a la carte, and for 3 of us it was just under 1000 dhs so it didn't cost the moon.
Latest post on 13 April 2015 - 16:59
I really liked Imperium at Zabeel Saray. Food well worth eating and the atmosphere is buzzzing but not outrageous. It's indoor, and I believe it is the Jazz brunch which is the outdoor area, grill stations, and live music. There were not many children there. There are bars next door like Voda for after drinks. Not that I have been to many, but the One and Only brunch was by far my most favorite--except we went in July and it was dead! I didn't know the O&O did a brunch, which restaurant is it in? I'd love to hear more about that one. For the OP, The Ivy's a great brunch (in my humble opinion) and The Rib Room at Zabeel Saray have just started one which has a nice atmosphere.
Latest post on 13 April 2015 - 16:32
I really liked Imperium at Zabeel Saray. Food well worth eating and the atmosphere is buzzzing but not outrageous. It's indoor, and I believe it is the Jazz brunch which is the outdoor area, grill stations, and live music. There were not many children there. There are bars next door like Voda for after drinks. Not that I have been to many, but the One and Only brunch was by far my most favorite--except we went in July and it was dead!
Latest post on 13 April 2015 - 15:38
Fairmont at szr, La Parilla in Jumeirah Beach Hotel, Prime 68, Bice in Hilton and the Ivy all adult brunches with places near by to continue the party. La Parilla used to be my favourite but it was stopped a few months ago, has it started again?
Latest post on 13 April 2015 - 15:37
Fairmont at szr, La Parilla in Jumeirah Beach Hotel, Prime 68, Bice in Hilton and the Ivy all adult brunches with places near by to continue the party. La Parilla used to be my favourite but it was stopped a few months ago, has it started again?
Latest post on 13 April 2015 - 14:21
Saffron, Yalumba and Westin are very much Champagne party brunches and cater for the 'party party' people of Dubai. If you are looking for a crowded brunch with very drunk people then these are the ones to go to. If you are looking for something a little quieter Gaucho is great with delicious food but not really near a bar for drinks afterwards. Seafire used to be good at Atlantis and less 'party' than Saffron (I presume it is still on) good atmosphere with live music. 971 at the Oberoi is good and so is Prime 68 at the Marriott. The evening brunch at the Yacht Club (Aquara) is good and has a great atmosphere.
Latest post on 13 April 2015 - 13:49
A couple of weeks ago some friends went to Atlantis hoping for an early dinner in Saffron and said the people coming out of the brunch were just about walking - horizontally!! Previously to that I had also heard it was one to be avoided. They left Atlantis to go to the Westin instead, walked into the wine bar and straight out again! It was full of people from the Bubbalicious brunch, the bar absolutely stank of vomit and staff were doing their best to clean it up.
Latest post on 13 April 2015 - 13:36
Zuma - they stopped the brunch but it's back on currently on limited engagement, I think through June. Toko is another nice one, but I don't know how it is if you're stuck inside - it's a lovely spot if you're outside. Both of these have bubbly options. I've heard great things about the Cafe Belge brunch (and I'm pretty sure it's bubbly), but haven't been myself (yet). I eat and drink there pretty regularly and love it, and can see them pulling off a very nice brunch indeed. If you're up for a Saturday brunch, I've heard Sass Cafe is a really good time (although don't know if it's bubbly). Haven't done it myself (Saturday, ugh) but the food there is good and they mix up incredible cocktails. I went to the Bubblicious brunch (@ Westin) the other weekend. Thought it was grim. So, despite the fact it's bubbly, I would mention only to avoid.
Latest post on 13 April 2015 - 10:33
Looking for opinions on the best adults champagne brunch in Dubai....Traiteur, Imperium at Zabeel, Prime 68, Ivy.....any more??? Looking for a lively atmosphere. Obviously fab food and drink options. Prefer few or no kids. Plus a bonus would be a bar close by for drinks/chat post brunch. Thanks Saffron Atlantis Yalumba in Garhoud Westin

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY