92 breakfast changes | ExpatWoman.com

92 breakfast changes

Latest post on 24 April 2015 - 23:56
I remember dating a guy years ago who used to say of people: "You have a face for radio." I didn't care for this gal's voice from the first promo, and I now turn their show off where I used to listen frequently. Voice is very important in radio -- in my opinion. Face for radio means they aren't attractive :biggrin: Yet that certainly isn't the case here for the majority lol Voice training and coaching isn't hard and most people could do with it. But that's where you can tell the ones that do all the voiceovers, they much more control and don't shout. well, 92 only seem to have 3 people who do all the ads and voiceovers !! The other day they played 3 ads in a row with the same bloke !! lol
Latest post on 23 April 2015 - 06:50
I remember dating a guy years ago who used to say of people: "You have a face for radio." I didn't care for this gal's voice from the first promo, and I now turn their show off where I used to listen frequently. Voice is very important in radio -- in my opinion. Face for radio means they aren't attractive :biggrin: Yet that certainly isn't the case here for the majority lol Voice training and coaching isn't hard and most people could do with it. But that's where you can tell the ones that do all the voiceovers, they much more control and don't shout.
Latest post on 22 April 2015 - 13:21
I remember dating a guy years ago who used to say of people: "You have a face for radio." I didn't care for this gal's voice from the first promo, and I now turn their show off where I used to listen frequently. Voice is very important in radio -- in my opinion. Face for radio means they aren't attractive :biggrin:
Latest post on 22 April 2015 - 13:04
I didn't mind GB and don't mind Aylissa. I'm finding the whole tone a bit more relaxed and enjoyable now, it sometimes seemed a bit forced between CB and GB. No matter how much you've moved on it can't be ideal having to work so closely with your ex five days a week. All the divorced couples I know would have cracked long ago in the same circumstances. All in all it's a thumbs up from me :cool:
Latest post on 22 April 2015 - 09:45
But why do so many people have an issue with her accent? I'm surprised that in a place where you hear so many different English accents all day long that hers is a problem. Personally I don't mind it! It's not her accent, it's her [i'>tone[/i'> - to me it's harsh and when I listen to her at length I find it uncomfortable
Latest post on 22 April 2015 - 09:33
But why do so many people have an issue with her accent? I'm surprised that in a place where you hear so many different English accents all day long that hers is a problem. Personally I don't mind it! Some accents are harder to listen to and understand than others. (sometimes I have to listen for a while before I can click into it) If you were in the UK and drove up and down the country, you'd get different accents depending where you are. However, somewhere like the UAE where the majority of the population don't speak English as their first language, it can be even harder to understand someone. Personally speaking, when it comes to broadcast, I prefer neutral accents - you can still tell which country someone comes from, but they don't have the extra local accent on top. But that's just me. <em>edited by FairyDust on 22/04/2015</em>
Latest post on 22 April 2015 - 08:43
But why do so many people have an issue with her accent? I'm surprised that in a place where you hear so many different English accents all day long that hers is a problem. Personally I don't mind it!
Latest post on 22 April 2015 - 06:31
As I said at the start, I quite like her. She's not bland and boring at least. I think it's like anything really...people moan and complain at change or anything slightly unusual. I was talking to a friend and people moaned and complained about CB/GB too...but they were excellent. I also think internet forums mostly attract negative posts, it's almost self selecting, which is perhaps a shame. And of course people will have different opinions and some people won't like the change or won't give it chance. So be it, I like her. Still haven't got around to listening to Stef on 103.8 though which I really should.
Latest post on 21 April 2015 - 19:42
I remember dating a guy years ago who used to say of people: "You have a face for radio." I didn't care for this gal's voice from the first promo, and I now turn their show off where I used to listen frequently. Voice is very important in radio -- in my opinion.
Latest post on 21 April 2015 - 19:00
Actually, it's a bit like me saying I've just got a job as a driving instructor, I'm sure no-one minds that I can't drive... As a radio presenter your voice is your tool - or at least it is on top calibre stations, you can be the greatest personality on the planet but if your voice isn't easy on the ear you won't get far in a decent radio station and i'm sorry but this lady's voice is not easy on the ear..Furthermore, if I was her boss I would be keen to find all feedback, both good and bad.. I don't mean any offence to her as she seems to come across as a really sweet person but I don't feel she's right for the job, that's all. And if you take a job in the public eye you should be able to take the bad reviews along with the good... eta, sorry to echo the sentiments above - I hadn't read it before I wrote this. <em>edited by Doubting Thomas on 21/04/2015</em>
Latest post on 21 April 2015 - 10:14
What exactly is nasty about not liking her voice or finding it annoying? Nobody says she's not a nice person. For a radio personality a voice is of the utmost importance. If I was Chanel 92, I would want to know if people switch channels because they have a problem with my new morning person's voice. [b'>er because you employ someone for more than their voice? [/b'>Their personality, the ability to be interesting and engaging. She's only been there a week and already you're crucifying her. Give the poor girl a chance. And the head of station wouldn't have employed her, if they didn't think she was up to the task. Well, technically how your voice sounds is pretty high up there on the priority list when hiring someone for radio. It's kind of like hiring a PE coach that isn't athletic or an accountant that can't use excel. Just because you are qualified for a job, doesn't mean you can do it to the highest degree/expectation.
Latest post on 21 April 2015 - 08:48
Radio 4...Vicky the news reader....I find her so irritating is it just me. Her voice and she laughs so hard at things she says....have to change the radio station when she comes one....otherwise I love marwan and eve... That's Channel 4! Radio 4 is the Hindi station. Geez so many moaners. Go on, have a pop at Radio 1, 2, Virgin and the rest of them. I do wonder if people realise that their comments can be hurtful. Just because people are in the public eye, doesn't mean they don't have feelings. Would you like it if someone walked into your office and started pulling you apart - I think not. As the old saying goes 'if you have nothing nice to say - shush' and change the station. edited by FairyDust on 19/04/2015 Oh big deal....radio, channel...who cares....people like to have a moan, its healthy...if you shush the whole time you then explode...no one is taking this seriously anyway....perhaps you are, do you work for the radio stations?? are you vicky the annoying news reader??
Latest post on 19 April 2015 - 20:01
I have more of an issue with their playlists than anything else - the same songs get played for sooooo long, they seem to have a really slow turnaround of music. The 80s / 90s weekends are good but other than that it seems to be the same flipping Sam Smith song every time I tune in! If the banter was as good as, say, Chris Moyles' old Radio 1 (UK) show then I would tune in just for that, but really they need to improve the music. I've switched to the iPod now as got bored of flicking through adverts / old music all the time (and on prime time shows!) Having said that I wish them all the best, dubai is such a melting pot it must be daunting presenting to such a mixed audience.
Latest post on 19 April 2015 - 19:55
I switched from Dubai92 in the mornings a couple of years ago and moved to Radio 1, DannyC and SerenaK really are very funny. Any new radio show takes time to warm up, but Dubai92 also really needs to look at their playlists, they are just not great. Unless people maybe like that sort of thing. Each to their own! Second Radio 1 but the advertisements are so bad... we flip between R1 and Virgin in the mornings depending on adverts
Latest post on 19 April 2015 - 17:32
I switched from Dubai92 in the mornings a couple of years ago and moved to Radio 1, DannyC and SerenaK really are very funny. Any new radio show takes time to warm up, but Dubai92 also really needs to look at their playlists, they are just not great. Unless people maybe like that sort of thing. Each to their own!
Latest post on 19 April 2015 - 17:24
What exactly is nasty about not liking her voice or finding it annoying? Nobody says she's not a nice person. For a radio personality a voice is of the utmost importance. If I was Chanel 92, I would want to know if people switch channels because they have a problem with my new morning person's voice. er because you employ someone for more than their voice? Their personality, the ability to be interesting and engaging. She's only been there a week and already you're crucifying her. Give the poor girl a chance. And the head of station wouldn't have employed her, if they didn't think she was up to the task. I am not crucifying her. I dislike her voice, for me that's a deal-breaker for a radio personality. I have therefor switched to Virgin.
Latest post on 19 April 2015 - 17:22
I'm sorry but it's not a common "voice" and she seems to lack clear pronunciation which I feel is critically important in a radio programme. We don't know what she looks like, can't read her lips, etc. so what else are we to criticize, constructively or otherwise. What grates me is the nonstop "I'm new here, xyz is unbelievable" etc banter it really sounds well, non worldly for lack of a better term in my opinion. I hope for her sake that she and CB have the chemistry to pull it off. Nothing wrong with a chuckle now and then.
Latest post on 19 April 2015 - 17:21
What exactly is nasty about not liking her voice or finding it annoying? Nobody says she's not a nice person. For a radio personality a voice is of the utmost importance. If I was Chanel 92, I would want to know if people switch channels because they have a problem with my new morning person's voice. er because you employ someone for more than their voice? Their personality, the ability to be interesting and engaging. She's only been there a week and already you're crucifying her. Give the poor girl a chance. And the head of station wouldn't have employed her, if they didn't think she was up to the task.
Latest post on 19 April 2015 - 17:17
I do wonder if people realise that their comments can be hurtful. Just because people are in the public eye, doesn't mean they don't have feelings. Would you like it if someone walked into your office and started pulling you apart - I think not. As the old saying goes 'if you have nothing nice to say - shush' and change the station. edited by FairyDust on 19/04/2015 That's nonsense. If you choose to be on the radio 5 days a week you can expect feedback. Both positive and negative. edited by Oopsiedaisy on 19/04/2015 It's not nonsense at all! There's 'constructive criticism' then there's just being nasty. No need for the latter. What exactly is nasty about not liking her voice or finding it annoying? Nobody says she's not a nice person. For a radio personality a voice is of the utmost importance. If I was Chanel 92, I would want to know if people switch channels because they have a problem with my new morning person's voice.
Latest post on 19 April 2015 - 17:13
I do wonder if people realise that their comments can be hurtful. Just because people are in the public eye, doesn't mean they don't have feelings. Would you like it if someone walked into your office and started pulling you apart - I think not. As the old saying goes 'if you have nothing nice to say - shush' and change the station. edited by FairyDust on 19/04/2015 That's nonsense. If you choose to be on the radio 5 days a week you can expect feedback. Both positive and negative. edited by Oopsiedaisy on 19/04/2015 It's not nonsense at all! There's 'constructive criticism' then there's just being nasty. No need for the latter. 'I don't like someone's voice' is not constructive - that's YOUR problem, not the presenters. That's like someone saying 'I don't like your face' - can you change it? Nope! <em>edited by FairyDust on 19/04/2015</em>
Latest post on 19 April 2015 - 17:12
I do wonder if people realise that their comments can be hurtful. Just because people are in the public eye, doesn't mean they don't have feelings. Would you like it if someone walked into your office and started pulling you apart - I think not. As the old saying goes 'if you have nothing nice to say - shush' and change the station. edited by FairyDust on 19/04/2015 That's nonsense. If you choose to be on the radio 5 days a week you can expect feedback. Both positive and negative. <em>edited by Oopsiedaisy on 19/04/2015</em>
Latest post on 19 April 2015 - 16:58
Radio 4...Vicky the news reader....I find her so irritating is it just me. Her voice and she laughs so hard at things she says....have to change the radio station when she comes one....otherwise I love marwan and eve... That's Channel 4! Radio 4 is the Hindi station. Geez so many moaners. Go on, have a pop at Radio 1, 2, Virgin and the rest of them. I do wonder if people realise that their comments can be hurtful. Just because people are in the public eye, doesn't mean they don't have feelings. Would you like it if someone walked into your office and started pulling you apart - I think not. As the old saying goes 'if you have nothing nice to say - shush' and change the station. <em>edited by FairyDust on 19/04/2015</em>
Latest post on 19 April 2015 - 09:33
Radio 4...Vicky the news reader....I find her so irritating is it just me. Her voice and she laughs so hard at things she says....have to change the radio station when she comes one....otherwise I love marwan and eve...
Latest post on 15 April 2015 - 21:12
Their new advert saying they are Dubai's favourite breakfast show made me laugh, considering the co-host has been on air for like 5 minutes. ETA - have to say I enjoyed the hosts who covered whilst CB was off on easter break! <em>edited by pollydxb1 on 15/04/2015</em>
Latest post on 15 April 2015 - 19:50
The chatter can be annoying, but I'd take that any day over the dreadful, repetitive, classless, tacky, inane and persistent cheesy adverts! Every morning I switch the radio on but it goes off again in moments as soon as the ads come on...
Latest post on 15 April 2015 - 16:46
This new lady's voice irritates me to the extreme, so I've switched channels. Me too, only sadly I just leave the radio off now in the mornings.
Latest post on 15 April 2015 - 16:19
This new lady's voice irritates me to the extreme, so I've switched channels.
Latest post on 15 April 2015 - 15:58
Thats why I listen to 102 fm (Pearl FM) in the morning. No annoying DJ yapping on about stuff I dont care about, just music.
Latest post on 15 April 2015 - 15:36
I am not a fan of the new 92 breakfast show. Find Catboy and the new host so irritating! Will skip 92 altogether and listen to Virgin and Dubai Eye.
Latest post on 15 April 2015 - 10:48
Totally agree with most posters, her voice was so irritating first thing in the morning - and I am a Geordie too! Pleased she has left, although Catboy's voice is equally as irritating so I still don't listen to the station!

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY