Finding a Nanny.....Classifieds vs Agencies | ExpatWoman.com

Finding a Nanny.....Classifieds vs Agencies

Latest post on 10 December 2015 - 12:36
@Kaha : We are releasing our Nanny so let me know if you are interested. I have placed an ad for her in the classified section as well. Briefly, she is from Ghana (Africa) and is a decent worker- cleaning, cooking ( good) and baby care. We are helping her look for an alternate job. She is on cancelled visa Hi is ur nanny still available? :)
Latest post on 08 November 2015 - 02:23
@Kaha : We are releasing our Nanny so let me know if you are interested. I have placed an ad for her in the classified section as well. Briefly, she is from Ghana (Africa) and is a decent worker- cleaning, cooking ( good) and baby care. We are helping her look for an alternate job. She is on cancelled visa @Zoya, is your nanny/maid still availaible? We are moving in Dubai 1st of december
Latest post on 17 August 2015 - 13:38
Hi Ladies, Can you please advise if you have experience with any agencies that are providing nannies. I need a leave out nanny form the agency so I can pay her a monthly salary. She needs to be on agency visa and their accommodation. Thank you for your assistance
Latest post on 17 August 2015 - 13:37
Finding a suitable maid/nanny is extremely stressful. We don't have space for someone to live in and it seems like the visa fees etc cost a lot of money. Surely there must be SOME reliable agencies out there who can find me someone they accommodate etc, in return for a monthly fee which includes that person's salary?? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. There are agencies providing this service, Howdra is one and from memory they charge 3,500 dhs per month.
Latest post on 17 August 2015 - 12:49
@Kaha : We are releasing our Nanny so let me know if you are interested. I have placed an ad for her in the classified section as well. Briefly, she is from Ghana (Africa) and is a decent worker- cleaning, cooking ( good) and baby care. We are helping her look for an alternate job. She is on cancelled visa
Latest post on 05 August 2015 - 21:26
Finding a suitable maid/nanny is extremely stressful. We don't have space for someone to live in and it seems like the visa fees etc cost a lot of money. Surely there must be SOME reliable agencies out there who can find me someone they accommodate etc, in return for a monthly fee which includes that person's salary?? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Latest post on 20 May 2015 - 15:54
Nanniesdubai have a terrible reputation, you only have to google complaints/reviews about them. You are obviously working for them and spamming this forum. ????? Who are you talking to? I don't see any post about nanniesdubai... Last night there was a whole string of bumped older threads praising this company - I think admin have deleted the actual posts now
Latest post on 20 May 2015 - 15:02
Nanniesdubai have a terrible reputation, you only have to google complaints/reviews about them. You are obviously working for them and spamming this forum. ????? Who are you talking to? I don't see any post about nanniesdubai...
Latest post on 04 May 2015 - 20:40
Nanniesdubai have a terrible reputation, you only have to google complaints/reviews about them. You are obviously working for them and spamming this forum.
Latest post on 26 April 2015 - 14:26
sharoniouz if you want us to contact the person send an email to [email protected] with his contact details and we will contact him and report him as well. HTH EW Admin edited by admin on 16/04/2015 Thanks for the offer. Fortunately he hasn't contacted me since DH's intense phone call to him. ;)
Latest post on 17 April 2015 - 19:47
The main benefit of searching for someone in the classifieds is that they are already here and you can meet them in person to see if they are a good fit for your house and make sure your personalities don't clash. These candidates usually have a few years of uae experience and are searching for very high salaries (often with a western family only), they in essence are interviewing their prospective employers. So you may like a certain candidate, but they want to keep searching for a better opportunity. This route might take a bit longer till you employ someone, or at least the search will take longer, (while with the agency you can select a candidate quicker and just wAit for their papers to be processed and for them to arrive, possibly taking up to a month). Often people you arrange to interview, don't show up to the interview or after showing up express interest then never answer their phone after. Or they give excuses why they can't work for you (honesty would be the best policy, as some excuses I've heard are obvious lies). Often people who have the time and patience to employ someone thru this route have positive outcomes. When you bring someone from an agency, often the only contact before they come to dubai is a telephone call and it can be deceiving. I once interviewed a candidate that I found thru an agency. And on the phone her command of English was very good and she sounded very confident and was willing to do all kinds of work. When she arrived I had clearly spoken to someone else on the phone, she only spoke a few words of broken English and communication was a huge problem. Needless to say she didn't last long in dubai before she got homesick and wanted to return to her country. The agency had a word with her (I believe they frightened her into saying she wants to work and stay in dubai) but this didn't last long as a few days later she wanted to return home. And the agency did not accept responsibility as she had said she wants to stay here and work. Huge financial loss for me. The agency cv's tend to be very generic and basically you are just choosing based on a photo, name and nationality. Also agencies take extortionate fees (but monthly salaries are often much lower so it evens out somewhat) and agencies often try to get out of their contractual obligations to return the worker if there is a problem or if you are unhappy with them. Often they say the guarantee is only for 30 days, and you pay for the ticket and visa fees of the replacement. Or that they are not responsible for replacement, or they may only return her if she fails the medical for her residency. Agency guarantees are not worth the paper they are written on. I have had some bad experiences with agencies, maids often run away (to the agency, so it is easy to find them) and I have wasted a lot of money on agency fees and residency fees for maids that returned to their country after onlY a few months. That being said, there have been a lot of people who had successful experiences with getting a maid from an agency. I think you would need to find a good agency that selects candidates carefully, especially avoid the ones with bad reviews. Good luck with whatever route you decide to take.
Latest post on 17 April 2015 - 09:49
We found our maid through the classifieds, but instead of interviewing lots, I choose a lady who's e previous sponsor had placed the classifieds. As such I had a reference, I interviewed her at her previous sponsor's house and the whole process went very smooth. Without paying ridiculous agency fees.
Latest post on 16 April 2015 - 20:24
Which option is best in Dubai when looking for a nanny........the classifieds or agencies? Thanks! I think if you have the time, then opt for classifieds. If hiring through an agency and if it's a nanny you want then stay clear of Howdra maids. They send you a worker who will work for you as a nanny but if there are any issues they pull out the worker (without any re-imbursement) saying that the contract states she is a 'house cleaner' not a nanny and there's nothing you would be able to do about it as it is in the contract. They hire them as house cleaners as they have to pay them a lesser salary than if they were hired as nannies. Good luck!:)
Latest post on 16 April 2015 - 15:08
I would advise you to stay clear of Al Ahliya agency...although theyve been around for a while, I have recently had a very very bad experience with 2 of their maids. I have had to pay approx AED 20K and both the ladies had a horrible attitude and even though their maids were at fault, I have not received a single penny back saying the replacement maid had no guarantee and even though she refused to work, they didnt give us our money back and were refusing to accept her. I had a big showdown with them last night...the result being I am still maidless after 3 months of trying and waiting...with AED 20K lost.
Latest post on 16 April 2015 - 13:42
Hi All, As with any website that is publicly accessible you should be careful with giving away your personal details. Our Classifieds state not to put your email address or phone number in the body text of the advert. The email address in the input field is shielded and people don't see it.... it's only after someone responds to you and you respond to them that email addresses are shared. If a reply doesn't feel right- just don't answer. Here's some top tips... If you do have worries about your personal email address just set up a Gmail account for use on things like Classifieds- it only takes a minute to set up and just use that for when you are doing things like this. Don't set up an email address that has your full name in it as this can give away too much personal info and a quick Google search will show up your Facebook, Linked In profiles etc. Don't give out your phone number at all until you are confident the person is legit... use email to start off with. It's unfortunate but maid agencies etc. will trawl Classifieds and contact advertisers about their services. If you are being harrassed by anyone at anytime use the Al Ameen service to report them http://www.alameen.ae/en/ it will be dealt with swiftly. sharoniouz if you want us to contact the person send an email to [email protected] with his contact details and we will contact him and report him as well. HTH EW Admin edited by admin on 16/04/2015 <em>edited by admin on 16/04/2015</em>
Latest post on 16 April 2015 - 12:04
Just be careful when posting nanny/maid requirements on EW. I've had a very unfriendly experience with a guy named Hassan from HRT Exports who began stalking my facebook and wouldn't stop sending harassment e-mails. I had to have DH call him yesterday to threaten him if he e-mailed me again! There are some real creapers out there who have access to want adds on EW.
Latest post on 16 April 2015 - 09:40
One of my family members recently used classifieds on EW to find a maid/nanny and found no problems, plenty of applications and has now secured a lady! Just try both, especially if most classifieds are free like here - what do you have to lose?
Latest post on 16 April 2015 - 07:11
Which option is best in Dubai when looking for a nanny........the classifieds or agencies? Thanks!

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY