Best time of year to visit Dubai in terms of value for money | ExpatWoman.com

Best time of year to visit Dubai in terms of value for money

Latest post on 16 April 2015 - 11:30

Hello,

My friends from the UK want to come and visit Dubai and are asking me when is the "best" time to come in terms of value for money (which I guess they mean hotels) They are an adult couple with teenage kids (16+ I think).

I just want to get your opinions on what I can say to them. Is it basically:

June, July, August, September - Just don't bother coming as it's so incredibly boiling you won't be able to go outside, however, it will be really cheap to stay in hotels during these months as it's that hot that no one wants to visit...

October, November, December - Still really hot (including the sea), but cool in the evening which means it's sort of peak time and hotels will be expensive again.

Is that about right? And am I mistaken about the cool evenings in October and November? My mum came to visit late last year and I remember practically melting when we were sat outside for dinner. Can't remember exactly which month it was though!!
<em>edited by poshbird87 on 16/04/2015</em>

Latest post on 21 April 2015 - 09:13
I would pay the extra money to come during the winter months. (Nov-Feb) It is so much nicer here during those months, especially for any outdoor activities. I had visitors visit me during November and it was the best! I tell my visitors NOT to come during June-Sept. Hope this helps.
Latest post on 20 April 2015 - 20:55
We've found some good deals in May before, although this was at hotels in AD, RAK and Liwa.
Latest post on 20 April 2015 - 12:15
The only 'cheap months' here are the hot ones. Sadly occupancy rates at hotels here are high at all other times so they can command high prices. School holidays, Christmas, and Easter are all peaks as are local holidays when we like to take minibreaks.
Latest post on 16 April 2015 - 15:22
Going against the grain, you really do get some great deals in all hotels over the Summer. The pools are icy cold and it's just perfect to sit in them with a nice cool drink. If they are not planning on doing a lot of city tours and are quite happy just sitting in the pool or doing some indoor things in malls, there are some great deals on everything. The hotels are generally quieter too, so less frenzied than at other times of the year, deals on spa treatments etc. :) I agree some great deals to be had in the summer months. It really depends what they want from a holiday. If they intend to stay in a hotel with nice pool and beach facilities and use them most days then even with the high temperatures it is manageable. Obviously they will not be able to walk around or eat outside when its that hot but there are still plenty of indoor activities. If the cost is a major factor then they will need to compromise somewhere as the prices from October to May are much higher.
Latest post on 16 April 2015 - 15:13
Going against the grain, you really do get some great deals in all hotels over the Summer. The pools are icy cold and it's just perfect to sit in them with a nice cool drink. If they are not planning on doing a lot of city tours and are quite happy just sitting in the pool or doing some indoor things in malls, there are some great deals on everything. The hotels are generally quieter too, so less frenzied than at other times of the year, deals on spa treatments etc. :)
Latest post on 16 April 2015 - 14:28
Also worth remembering that retailers / restaurants won't accept Entertainer vouchers (essential with visitors IMHO) during any public holiday, and they can 'extend' these dates quite widely!
Latest post on 16 April 2015 - 12:59
Thanks so much for the replies so far!! :) Yes, I will definitely tell them to avoid Ramadan as it won't be a very fun first-holiday-to-Dubai for them if they can't enjoy food and drink out and about as they please. So Ramadan this year is 18/06-ish - 17/07-ish. To get an idea of how the hotels are also v.busy for Eid, how long do the Eid festivities last for? I should know this... Not only do I live in a Muslim country but my Mum is Muslim!! :-/ School breaks I'm going to have to Google as I also don't have a clue about those. The festivities can last up to a week
Latest post on 16 April 2015 - 12:47
Thanks so much for the replies so far!! :) Yes, I will definitely tell them to avoid Ramadan as it won't be a very fun first-holiday-to-Dubai for them if they can't enjoy food and drink out and about as they please. So Ramadan this year is 18/06-ish - 17/07-ish. To get an idea of how the hotels are also v.busy for Eid, how long do the Eid festivities last for? I should know this... Not only do I live in a Muslim country but my Mum is Muslim!! :-/ School breaks I'm going to have to Google as I also don't have a clue about those.
Latest post on 16 April 2015 - 12:09
Personally I would avoid Ramadan, they might not be comfortable with how it is here. The hotels are always all booked up at Eid with visitors from gulf/hot countries. One year I had an emergency and needed a hotel, I was able to find one for three days then had to check out due to bring full, already booked. I ended up having to go to Ajman for the Eid. But the rest of summer usually has really good deals, I think airfare too. if they're looking to save. <em>edited by Cherpie on 16/04/2015</em>
Latest post on 16 April 2015 - 11:52
Hello, My friends from the UK want to come and visit Dubai and are asking me when is the "best" time to come in terms of value for money (which I guess they mean hotels) They are an adult couple with teenage kids (16+ I think). I just want to get your opinions on what I can say to them. Is it basically: June, July, August, September - Just don't bother coming as it's so incredibly boiling you won't be able to go outside, however, it will be really cheap to stay in hotels during these months as it's that hot that no one wants to visit... October, November, December - Still really hot (including the sea), but cool in the evening which means it's sort of peak time and hotels will be expensive again. Is that about right? And am I mistaken about the cool evenings in October and November? My mum came to visit late last year and I remember practically melting when we were sat outside for dinner. Can't remember exactly which month it was though!! edited by poshbird87 on 16/04/2015 November to April, the Summer seemed to last until Mid October this year I would say Jan/Feb, avoid Xmas and the school breaks <em>edited by sarahlou123 on 16/04/2015</em>

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY