Karama Medical Centre- and residency- help please | ExpatWoman.com

Karama Medical Centre- and residency- help please

Latest post on 18 April 2015 - 13:29

Hello needing some guidance about this place as I've never been or if I have I don't remember.... Do I pay any cash when they take my blood test? Is there anything written, consent form etc. about what exactly they are testing for? Anybody recommend the best time of day to go? Does my sponsor have to go with me?

About residency, I'm not sure why mine is bring renewed from now until July presumably to be transferred to AD but I guess it's less expensive than paying a fine, extending visa etc?? Is the duration my residency is being requested on the form? What is the standard- one or three years?? Is it usually the same length of time as sponsors?

Sorry for the barrage of qs! Last time the company handled all this "as a courtesy", however I just found out they won't do it now.

Latest post on 19 April 2015 - 09:06
That's what I thought about the parking and I haven't got the paperwork all sorted yet so tomorrow earliest. It's really far from me so im still not sure what to do. It really is surprising there's only one location?? But several for housemaids? Doesn't seem quite right.
Latest post on 19 April 2015 - 08:17
Hi Cherpie, I haven't been to the Karama medical centre but from going to the post office, I know that it's crazy busy and it's usually hard to find parking. If you can, take a cab. Since you'll have your LO with you, try to ask if you can be given priority. There are usually long waits at these places. The blood tests they typically do are for Hepatitis and HIV. You will also do a chest X Ray, most likely, for TB. These are the standard screenings for immigration. If your previous visa was for 3 years, the new one would be too. Good luck, hope it all goes smoothly!
Latest post on 18 April 2015 - 14:24
Ok I found the cost and other info on the government website.
Latest post on 18 April 2015 - 14:15
Thank you very much. Do you know how much it is? If my visa is currently three years then is the renewal also three years? There's no way I can make it by 8 am (and they open at 7 fyi) but I'll go as soon as I can after the am school run. About how long should I expect to wait, any idea? Got a baby with me so not looking forward to any of it really. Thanks again
Latest post on 18 April 2015 - 14:02
Yes you pay cash for the blood test - there is an ATM in the place so you'll be fine as long as you have your bank card (and funds in your account). I think the purposes of the test is for disease but I don't believe you get anything in writing which confirms exactly what tests they do. Best time of day is first thing in the morning - it opens at 8am and your sponsor does not have to attend with you (a sponsor can be responsible for thousands of employees so you can imagine how impractical that would be). My company visa is renewable every 2 years which i think is fairly normal although I think this can be a 3-year period. The duration will be on the form and will clearly displayed on your Emirates ID card.

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY