Balcony door help! Please! | ExpatWoman.com

Balcony door help! Please!

Latest post on 19 April 2015 - 13:35

I would really appreciate any recommendations (preferabley from personal experience) of any companies that reseal balcony doors (to stop air coming in or escaping) and can also put locks onto them. I have done a lot of research but can't seem to find the right company. Many thanks.

Latest post on 25 April 2015 - 07:43
The temporary fix for extra protection is to put a length of wooden pole cut to size on the runner at the bottom of the door to jam it shut. Several years ago we found some catches at ACE that you could screw onto the metal framework of the doorframe which would hold the door fast. They weren't advertised as door locks though, so you just need to have a look and see what might work with your particular door.
Latest post on 22 April 2015 - 12:12
I would really appreciate any recommendations (preferabley from personal experience) of any companies that reseal balcony doors (to stop air coming in or escaping) and can also put locks onto them. I have done a lot of research but can't seem to find the right company. Many thanks. Hi - all I can think of is that you ask the management of your building/community if they retain anyone for this. Security are also a very good source of information! I assume that you have tried calling the supplier/manufacturer of the doors to see if they can suggest anyone? Good luck - if I think of anything else I will let you know.

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY