Advice on moving to a 3 bed in the Marina - looking at Emaar 6, Trident Marinascape and Bayside end | ExpatWoman.com

Advice on moving to a 3 bed in the Marina - looking at Emaar 6, Trident Marinascape and Bayside end

Latest post on 19 April 2015 - 20:54

We are looking to move to the Marina from the Palm in June.

We need a 3 bed. I would also like a pool to swim laps in and a gym.

The reason we are looking at certain apartments is due to traffic and access in and out of the Marina.

Any advice or alternative apartments would be appreciated.

Budget 200-250 preferably though not more than 225 unless really good.

Thanks for any advice or recommendations

Latest post on 26 April 2015 - 10:07
I have a 3 bed in Orra Marina it is the other end of the Marina but no traffic as you take the slip road before the blue bridge to enter. The quality and size of apartments are great and also a concierge service.
Latest post on 26 April 2015 - 08:36
Thanks for the info ladies
Latest post on 26 April 2015 - 08:15
We looked around the Marina area recently. Emaar 6 is by far the best quality. Lobby's look like a high end hotel, corridors are really wide which gave a very spacious feel to the whole building. The apartments are spacious and in the right building you have amazing Marina views. Several pools. Everything about the Emaar 6 says upmarket. The location is ideal for getting in and out of the Marina and you have the Marina walk on your doorstep. Silverene, we found the apartment to be cramped and what they call a Marina view was a sideways view, lobby area was nice but small, maybe just the apartment we visited, grounds are very nice. Too far down the Marina, so dealing with traffic daily. Marina Keys, location is a nightmare, that alone put us off. It's on the wrong side of the Marina for access. Even though its an Emaar property, it doesn't have a very exclusive feel to it, corridors are really narrow and cramped, reminded me of a cheap motel. Apartments are duplex, which is nice and I liked the idea of bedrooms 'upstairs', but it also makes them seem smaller than the actual square footage. it has a nice pool area which I think is shared by all the buildings, so it might get busy. Right apartment would have great Marina views, Easy access to JBR walking, We didn't look at the Marina Quays high building, just the two jutting out into the water. Directly opposite the Yacht club and Pier 7, so don't know if you would have late night noise. No clue about rental prices, we are looking to buy.
Latest post on 26 April 2015 - 06:50
Hi, assuming you are looking at those because they are at the "entrance" to the Marina, and have some nice marina views? Haven't lived in any you mentioned, but here are some other ideas. I would suggest Park Island, but I think that on that particular bridge, turning right can be congested. I loved living there. I am trying to remember if you need to do that to get to the Trident Bayside anyway though. Sorry I am rusty on that. Alternatively, really it is not much further to go down two more signals off the feeder road near Marina Mall and check out Silverene, Marina Quays, and Bay Central. I know Silverene and BC have good pools, and BC has a decent gym. The nice thing is you are only making right turns once you exit SZR which makes a tremendous difference.
Latest post on 25 April 2015 - 19:08
Anyone ?

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY