Motor City | ExpatWoman.com

Motor City

Latest post on 20 April 2015 - 10:03

I need some advice. I need to move apartments in the next couple of months and I'm looking at possible locations. I was thinking of moving to either Silicon Oasis or Motor City. Can anyone in Motor City tell me if the cars from the autodrome make a lot of noise - and is it constant or only a couple of weekends a year etc? I've heard from a couple of people who know people living there and they said that the noise from the cars can be quite bad. Any help is appreciated.

Latest post on 20 May 2015 - 11:44
Hi ladies, me again! Can anyone give me the names of good buildings in motor city and sports city to go and look at. I don't really want to rely on estate agents telling me what is good as they're only concerned with the sale / commission they'll be getting. And also, which ones to stay away from. Also, what is studio city like? Sorry for the millions of questions. My friend lives in European on the canal side Her 1 bed is enormous over 1000sq ft . Lots of natural light and very airy. She has so many wardrobes ( I am jealous) Building is quiet, friendly security, nice pool and gym
Latest post on 20 May 2015 - 11:38
Hi ladies, me again! Can anyone give me the names of good buildings in motor city and sports city to go and look at. I don't really want to rely on estate agents telling me what is good as they're only concerned with the sale / commission they'll be getting. And also, which ones to stay away from. Also, what is studio city like? Sorry for the millions of questions.
Latest post on 26 April 2015 - 19:05
We lived there for three years and I really miss it! The apartment quality was very good and we had no issues with car noise either from the track or in general. Our building backed on to a garden so it was especially quiet as there was no road at all beneath the apartment. There are several community pools and gyms although the gyms are small and not especially fancy. Since we left I think a fitness first has opened though so there is a proper gym in the area. We would move back for sure but have to be close to the airport...if they could recreate motor city in business bay I would be thrilled :)
Latest post on 26 April 2015 - 11:57
Hope no-one minds my changing the subject, but seeing how much everyone likes MC made me think. Are there communal areas (park/pool/fitness areas) in MC? We are currently in Springs and whilst we like it, it is fairly expensive and a fair way away from school. MC would be a whole load closer. Any information appreciated :-)
Latest post on 26 April 2015 - 10:48
Thank you for all the feedback ladies! I'm definitely looking at Motor City and Sports City now as it seems to be the next best place :) good luck with the decision. i live in sport city its lovely but i do have to suggest you go around and have a look at a few places first. it is still like a building site and more works to be done, this does not bother me and i actually love the area now but i know a few people that dont. If you need anything feel free to ask. :)
Latest post on 26 April 2015 - 10:13
Thank you for all the feedback ladies! I'm definitely looking at Motor City and Sports City now as it seems to be the next best place :)
Latest post on 21 April 2015 - 14:19
Hi we've been in Motor City for the past 6 years and absolutely love it! we have never been bothered by the noise. Only once a year as mentioned they have a 24hr race which obviously goes on for 24 hours and other times its generally during winter season that the main races are on. Once your balcony door is closed you cant hear it at all . Its a nice community with lots of green spaces very child & pet friendly. Monthly fun fairs and lots of retails plus they are opening a new mall and hotel too. One plus side is if you have a 2 BR you get two parking spaces and 2 HUGE basement storage rooms(only for Uptown appts) . Not many other developments provide this option. Plus its only 15 minutes to MOE/MARINA/JLT etc...
Latest post on 21 April 2015 - 09:11
Hi, I have lived in Motor City for almost a year now. My apartment is in Uptown and behind the Spinneys. (not Foxhill) Yes, you can hear the cars, but only if you are outside on your balcony. When you are home inside and have the tv on, you can not hear them. It has not bothered me or my husband. If you live in foxhill and new bridge, then it will be louder, especially if you have a balcony facing the street. There are so many apartment buildings here that you can find the one farthest away from the track/street. We love motor city. We have a dog, so the green spaces are so nice. It is more like a community here. The shops are nice and walking distance from any apartment in uptown motor city. There is a carrefour market just down the street, so you don't have to shop at the spinneys. Feel free to contact me with more questions.
Latest post on 21 April 2015 - 08:56
I need some advice. I need to move apartments in the next couple of months and I'm looking at possible locations. I was thinking of moving to either Silicon Oasis or Motor City. Can anyone in Motor City tell me if the cars from the autodrome make a lot of noise - and is it constant or only a couple of weekends a year etc? I've heard from a couple of people who know people living there and they said that the noise from the cars can be quite bad. Any help is appreciated. Yes, happens during the day but we live in arabian ranches and can hear it...quiet loud
Latest post on 20 April 2015 - 15:33
I need some advice. I need to move apartments in the next couple of months and I'm looking at possible locations. I was thinking of moving to either Silicon Oasis or Motor City. Can anyone in Motor City tell me if the cars from the autodrome make a lot of noise - and is it constant or only a couple of weekends a year etc? I've heard from a couple of people who know people living there and they said that the noise from the cars can be quite bad. Any help is appreciated. Hi there, I live in Sport City and yes i can hear the noise from there. Althought, its not that often at all and Motor city makes up for being nice with loads of shops and restaurants. Probably way nicer then Silicon Oasis. Good luck with the move.
Latest post on 20 April 2015 - 14:12
Motorcity is a lot nicer than Silicon Oasis. Yes there are some noise, but I don't find it particular disturbing, then the cars cruising JBR are worse. edited by Silvstet on 20/04/2015 I can second that. After two years in JBR Motor City feels so quite. Even though we lived really high. No autodrome can beat The Walk!
Latest post on 20 April 2015 - 13:06
Thanks for the replies everyone. I liked Motor City because of the greenery and the community of little cafes etc. Suppose I could bear with the noise during the day :)
Latest post on 20 April 2015 - 11:37
It's seasonal. Occasionally you will hear cars or motorcycles revving all day and then there are quiet spells. I haven't heard anything for a couple months. I live in arabian ranches just bordering motor city. (I can see the autodrome from my roof). The noise doesn't bother me, but I live further down than the apartments you are talking about.
Latest post on 20 April 2015 - 11:19
I live in Remraam and you can hear the cars when they are racing, all the way over there. Also bear in mind that the Autodrome has been sanctioned as an F1 testing and practice track, so that might be coming in the not so distant future. Motorcity is really nice though. Lots of good little shops, coffee shops, takeaways. Sport city is close by. It's nice there.
Latest post on 20 April 2015 - 11:02
There are no races every day and they are usually during the day. There is a race that lasts 24 hours, but it happens once a year. We live on the side of StudioCity and don't hear the autodrome at all, for us Al Qudra road is much more bothersome during winter months when balcony is opened. I guess you will hear it more if your appartment is in Foxhill facing the road.
Latest post on 20 April 2015 - 10:23
I have friends who live in both Motor and Sports City I am there a lot over the weekend and to be honest I have only heard the cars once and that was in the day. I love the fact that they have all the shops and the restaurants on the front. It is really busy and like a little community. If I didn't love the area I currently reside in, I would live over that side of town

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY