Leaving villa - letter of notice | ExpatWoman.com

Leaving villa - letter of notice

Latest post on 21 April 2015 - 08:42

Good morning!

We will be moving on from our current villa and need to give the Landlord 2 months notice. Does anyone have a sample letter that I can use? Don't want to get caught in some arguement with the Landlord because of some bit of information that was not included!

Thanks as always :-)

Latest post on 21 April 2015 - 10:43
Good morning! We will be moving on from our current villa and need to give the Landlord 2 months notice. Does anyone have a sample letter that I can use? Don't want to get caught in some arguement with the Landlord because of some bit of information that was not included! Thanks as always :-) I did this last year, if you are dealing direct with the landlord the first thing you need to do is have a look at your contract and see the terms and conditions for vacating and for handing the property back. If you are breaking lease or just not renewing again at end of term, these can vary from property to property so there will not be one standard letter that fits all. But the main points you need to outline are Address letter to landlord by name and address Date the letter Give notice of your intent to vacate premises as described in contract at end of term or break lease on a date forward of two months of a date stated Refer to the paragraph clauses where the terms and conditions for vacating are stated on the contract State your intent to comply with terms and conditions as per contract such as cleaning Request authorisation to remove your furniture if required (some compounds require a security pass for furniture removals) Request landlord meet you for final inspection upon handover of keys, if not dealing with estate agent who will have a proceedure in place for inspection check out. Request refund of security deposit within due term mentioned on contract. I would also take to this meeting copies of receipts of final cleaning bill and any repairs and maintenance paid for by you during the tenancy if maintenance was your responsibilty. In the absence of a property company doing the final checkout I would have the Landlord sign receipt of any documents you provide on handover of keys. hth edited by chezmoi on 21/04/2015 That is most helpful, many thanks - I will do as you suggest. Whilst an agency assisted with finding and moving in, our relationship since this has been directly with the Landlord, so I am assuming that we will be dealing directly with the Landlord when we move out. Worth checking though!
Latest post on 21 April 2015 - 09:54
Good morning! We will be moving on from our current villa and need to give the Landlord 2 months notice. Does anyone have a sample letter that I can use? Don't want to get caught in some arguement with the Landlord because of some bit of information that was not included! Thanks as always :-) I did this last year, if you are dealing direct with the landlord the first thing you need to do is have a look at your contract and see the terms and conditions for vacating and for handing the property back. If you are breaking lease or just not renewing again at end of term, these can vary from property to property so there will not be one standard letter that fits all. But the main points you need to outline are Address letter to landlord by name and address Date the letter Give notice of your intent to vacate premises as described in contract at end of term or break lease on a date forward of two months of a date stated Refer to the paragraph clauses where the terms and conditions for vacating are stated on the contract State your intent to comply with terms and conditions as per contract such as cleaning Request authorisation to remove your furniture if required (some compounds require a security pass for furniture removals) Request landlord meet you for final inspection upon handover of keys, if not dealing with estate agent who will have a proceedure in place for inspection check out. Request refund of security deposit within due term mentioned on contract. I would also take to this meeting copies of receipts of final cleaning bill and any repairs and maintenance paid for by you during the tenancy if maintenance was your responsibilty. In the absence of a property company doing the final checkout I would have the Landlord sign receipt of any documents you provide on handover of keys. hth <em>edited by chezmoi on 21/04/2015</em>

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY