Web design course in Doha | ExpatWoman.com

Web design course in Doha

Latest post on 21 April 2015 - 08:43

Hello ladies has anyone attended/ taken a professional Internet web design course or digital web developer course in Doha ( online or in person) that you would recommend? Can you please send me details?

Latest post on 15 October 2015 - 10:15
College of north atlantic qatar offers evening classes for [url=http://codeandco.ae/web-design-services-dubai.html'>professional web designing[/url'> and as part of their Information systems software program. It also offers advanced diploma for web developer starting Sept 2015 i guess you are late for it now but i think they do have classes in January as well so have a word with them hope that offers some help Camellia
Latest post on 16 May 2015 - 01:02
Thank you very much for your detailed responses ladies! I'll let you know how I get on.
Latest post on 22 April 2015 - 08:50
VCU often offers web design and adobe suite classes in their community class program. I'm not sure when their next set of classes is - but worth checking out. I think it would be more of an intro than a professional course, but it might be a good starting point and the professor might have good suggestions for further learning.
Latest post on 21 April 2015 - 12:36
HI LushOS, I guess that would depend entirely on why you want to learn web design. If you wanted a professional qualification for your job or whether you just wanted to learn for the fun of it. When I went out in search for a computer tech course, the person that I spoke to said that I could learn it in a week and not have to do any exams or anything like that. In the end, I couldn't find a legit place to teach me (and of course didn't want anybody to doubt my qualifications, since fake qualifications seem to be a thing out here) so I ended up studying it from home and returning to my home country to take the exams. I personally recommend you learning online like I had to do, especially if you want to get properly qualified at the end of it. It may look a little daunting at first when you consider it as an option but I managed to pass my two exams this way and I'm now on course number two so it seems to work for me. There are several places you can go to depending the exact course you are after. Here are a few sites that I have used for my courses:- http://www.lynda.com/ - If you go to the 'Developer' section, you can find the 'Web Development" section. With Lynda.com I believe you can get a subscription with them for whatever time period you need and then watch as many videos of what ever you choose during that time. http://www.pluralsight.com/tags?pageSize=48&sortOrder=size - Pluralsight is another place I have used in the past. These people have various courses on all kinds topics so I would take a look and see what you can find. ( Sorry...I'm not sure exactly which programming language you would be interested in using - If I knew I would be a bit more direct) I believe you can get free trials from these places so you could always try them out and then go with the one that is more appealing to you. I'm afraid these don't provide 'labs' for you to implement what you've learnt though so you might have to find another vendor for that I'm afraid. These are professional courses though that are used for people wanting to implement what they have learnt in their line of work so they are quite good. Another thing you might want to consider is Kindle books. Amazon sell a lot of computer books for Kindle on their website and you don't actually have to own a Kindle to make use of them ( although if you did want to go out and get one, they sell them in the Virgin Megastore in Villagio). If you don't have a Kindle (and don't want one) you can just download the Kindle Application from their website for either Windows, Mac, IOS or Android so you would be able to use what ever device appeals to you. Once you have the Kindle App you can purchase computer books digitally and read them through the app. If you just wanted to study it for a bit of fun and would rather not do it online. I suppose you could always try 'New Horizons' but I haven't actually taken a course there so I'm afraid I can't tell you what that would be like. It might also be a little awkward if you are the only female in a class dominated by males lol. I would recommend just studying online but its entirely up to you, there are plenty of options available. Please let us know how you get on and what you decide to go for. As you would have probably guessed by now, I'm a bit geeky and I'd be curious to know where to go to study this for a later date haha :P