Pregnancy in Dubai | ExpatWoman.com

Pregnancy in Dubai

Latest post on 23 April 2015 - 12:49

Hi Guys!

So I am just about to go into my fifteenth week of pregnancy here in Dubai and I'd love some advice from you ladies!

I have had my first 2 check ups with Dr Nataliya at Cooper Clinic on Al Wasl but I feel she was quite rude (answered her phone while in the middle of my scan & shouted at her assistant during my appointment) so I am wondering if anyone else has used her and their experience?

I have decided to make an appointment with Dr Braithwaite at American Hospital so if anyone has any experience with her I'd also love to hear! As well as any experience of delivering at American Hospital.

We also don't have any insurance! :( so I'm terrified of something going wrong within the delivery and not being able to afford it!

Anyway, long post over! Please share your experiences ladies!

xx

Latest post on 26 April 2015 - 20:18
Most of the hospitals give you details on their packages, for example this is the one for American Hospital: http://www.ahdubai.com/brochures/MPackageEnglish0510.pdf
Latest post on 26 April 2015 - 18:49
Very informative.
Latest post on 26 April 2015 - 08:29
i had my surgery with dr kouteich in saudi german hospital , he's very professional with high level, he's taking care of pregnancies also , try him...
Latest post on 23 April 2015 - 16:08
I had Dr. Braithwaite as my previous OB. She is very good as she took care of me when I had MC on my first baby and as what I know, she's the Chief OB at AH so that alone speaks volumes on her work and experience... but since we also don't have any insurance, I need to find another doctor that's also good and affordable as we opt not to have the antenatal package in AH since I am now low-risk. I'm on my 24th week by the way and seeing another doctor at GMC.
Latest post on 23 April 2015 - 14:12
Hi Guys! So I am just about to go into my fifteenth week of pregnancy here in Dubai and I'd love some advice from you ladies! I have had my first 2 check ups with Dr Nataliya at Cooper Clinic on Al Wasl but I feel she was quite rude (answered her phone while in the middle of my scan & shouted at her assistant during my appointment) so I am wondering if anyone else has used her and their experience? I have decided to make an appointment with Dr Braithwaite at American Hospital so if anyone has any experience with her I'd also love to hear! As well as any experience of delivering at American Hospital. We also don't have any insurance! :( so I'm terrified of something going wrong within the delivery and not being able to afford it! Anyway, long post over! Please share your experiences ladies! xx I have friends deliver with her and they say she is v experienced and they would not dream of seeing anyone else. However, I love my gynecologist, he is very calming and good with complicated case, his name is Dr Christian Jozsa, he works at Healthbay clinic and I had my delivery at city hospital which is the nicest hospital here I think. He is v different to Dr Natayla...good luck x Rosie2121 if you don't mind me asking, did you have insurance? If not what were the costs like? Thanks in advance!
Latest post on 23 April 2015 - 14:08
Cowboy, I guess I didn't think of it like that with regards to her answering her phone, I just heard her shouting at some insurance guy! But you are right, thanks for pointing that out! Rosie2121 if you don't mind me asking, did you have insurance? If not what were the costs like? Thanks in advance!
Latest post on 23 April 2015 - 13:51
Hi Guys! So I am just about to go into my fifteenth week of pregnancy here in Dubai and I'd love some advice from you ladies! I have had my first 2 check ups with Dr Nataliya at Cooper Clinic on Al Wasl but I feel she was quite rude (answered her phone while in the middle of my scan & shouted at her assistant during my appointment) so I am wondering if anyone else has used her and their experience? I have decided to make an appointment with Dr Braithwaite at American Hospital so if anyone has any experience with her I'd also love to hear! As well as any experience of delivering at American Hospital. We also don't have any insurance! :( so I'm terrified of something going wrong within the delivery and not being able to afford it! Anyway, long post over! Please share your experiences ladies! xx I have friends deliver with her and they say she is v experienced and they would not dream of seeing anyone else. However, I love my gynecologist, he is very calming and good with complicated case, his name is Dr Christian Jozsa, he works at Healthbay clinic and I had my delivery at city hospital which is the nicest hospital here I think. He is v different to Dr Natayla...good luck x
Latest post on 23 April 2015 - 13:41
Firstly Congratulations. Doctors and clinics can be quite daunting here but I would just go with my gut feeling. I don't know either of the doctors you mentioned but without insurance I would opt for a hospital intern doctor as the charges are slightly lower. A friend of mine gave birth at the Al Zahra hospital and she was very pleased with the services received before, during and after and the cost was very reasonable compared to others.
Latest post on 23 April 2015 - 13:31
I would see it as a positive thing that she answers her phone. Especially in the days near to your delivery you will appreciate a dr who answers her phone and is easily reachable. However shouting at her nurses is unprofessional during your appointment. I have heard positive things about dr natalya from friends who went to her during their pregnancies. However I have never met her or went to her clinic. Also haven't tried dr braith.. so no feedback their.

ON EXPATWOMAN TODAY